Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG i bought this car in May it is sweet looking, only has 68K miles. I have had a number 5 cylinder misfire and 3 shops later no one has figured it out.

We check compression- its fine
Changed plugs, wires and coil packs
Changed the cam sensor, crank sensor, fuel flow sensor
Changed the number 5 injector
Checked all the connections to the injectors

Have done all the normal routine maintanence, Im anal about that

CAR IS STILL NOT FIXED

Again i have the number 5 misfire, the pluged is fouled out and We need help getting this car fixed. I have dumped thousands into this car and no one can figure out, big valley ford couldnt figure it out and sent me on my way telling me its just a fluke

PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP ON WHAT TO DO NEXT. IM SO TIRED OF TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT:bad:

·
Registered
813 Posts
If that doesn't fix it take a noid light to the injector harness and see if its on when the key comes on. If its steady then replace the PCM.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Possible burnt valve too can cause this imo

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
But some engines might be close to the 25% range between eachother and still fail(have bad rings,head gaskets,valves,etc)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
But was stated compression checked fine
Depends on what fine is considerrd imo 125 to 140 psi per cylinder would be acceptable for compression on these motors. They couldve said 90 is good which i would not agree with

·
Registered
681 Posts
Couldn't this problem be contributed by a leaking head gasket between # 5 & 6 cylinders? Just asking. When I pulled my stock heads I noticed some sharing between cylinders, but after 15 yrs of use I wasn't surprised.

·
Registered
66 Posts
True I wouldn't accept 90 paid

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

True I wouldn't accept 90 psi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts