Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
erick said:
Instead of getting a Procharger, ive decided to go with a 100 shot of nitrous. However, after doing searches here and on 3.8, i've been unable to come up with a straight answer on what I need to safely run a 100 shot. Will I need to upgrade the fuel system? What about a larger Maf? Will I need to get forged internals? Also, if i get forged internals will i be able to safely run a 150 shot?
the time and labor will be a lot to start building your engine up. pistons get "ported" :D at about 125 shot or so. don't bother with that now, firs tlearn more about your car. the labor (since i know you can't do it yourself if you're asking these kind of questions, no offense) will be hundreds.

i wouldn't recommend starting out with 100 shot though! once you get used to it and know what you are doing more or less you can upgrade to 75 or even 100 shot if you want JUST FOR THE TRACK. you really need to start at 35 shot to get comfy with it and keep it at 75 max while cruising. remember, no spraying below 3k rpms. i have custom jets that run my 90 shot for track use only. too bad i keep breaking down before i can mosey on over to the track though. :oops:

your stock fuel system will start to lean out at 100 shot.

·
Registered
941 Posts
jbone said:
Smokedya95stang said:
A 100 shot will run 'safely' on a stock stang. Althought i wouldnt reccomend it. Especially after alot of sprays i doubt your engine would be to healthy.
If I spray at a safe RPM, I have been thinking of a kit that will only spray at WOT.
you realize that you can be below 3,000rpms (minmum before spraying) while flooring it, which would activate it, right?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
jbone said:
Smokedya95stang said:
A 100 shot will run 'safely' on a stock stang. Althought i wouldnt reccomend it. Especially after alot of sprays i doubt your engine would be to healthy.
If I spray at a safe RPM, I have been thinking of a kit that will only spray at WOT.
you realize that you can be below 3,000rpms (minmum before spraying) while flooring it, which would activate it, right?
That is why I highly recommend a Window switch.

As for you disagreeing, alot of people using nitrous on V6 cars including me run along with the recommendations from Fordchip and Mikael at RPM use 1 heat range colder plugs like the autolite 764

But you can disagree this is an open forum. ;) ;)

Corey

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
window switches are good, but i dont think they are necessary on auto cars. just because of the fact taht you wont ever reach too high of an rpm and it wont drop below 3000 while shifting. so as long as the user has some common sense, he can just flip it at 3000 and be fine. manuals i do suggests because they can revi higher on accident, or shift too slow and accidently drop below 3000. (i have sprayed at 2300rpms before on a 75 shot and it was off the line w/ slicks.. got the front of my car up some, but still a little dangerous ;) )

autolite 764s are almost necessary. you can use your stock platinum, but i wouldnt for very long. just not worth the risk.

·
Registered
941 Posts
after you get used to it, the WOT switch works fine. you can do it either way, but i consider the WOT to be the safest of the switches. at least when you ARE flooring it the rpms are on the up and up, whereas i would be paranoid i'd hit the switch at 1500 rpms or something. either way does the job!

what kind of traction do you have threadstarternitrousdude? if you have regular street tires, you won't get all that much from a 100 shot because you will lose traction for sure and hurt your ETs. might want to invest in a pair of drag radials. i'm assuming your read end is stock? i guess you shouldn't go with DR's until you upgrade your drivetrain.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So is a 75 shot alright with just MAC dual exhaust and CAI?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rellik
Stang01, if you blow up your car at the track, I'll give you a ride home
Lets pray that doesnt happen :-? :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
be smart about it and you shouldnt harm your car in anyway. you read the sticky completly yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
ya

·
Registered
83 Posts
i just need to find a system for cheaper than its going for.

·
Registered
214 Posts
NX kit: $465 how does this price sound? :?:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
good avg price is $450ish so its not much more

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Sounds good to me I was going to buy a NX kit when a super super deal came to me on ebay one morning with 1 hr left at 4:00 am and picked up a Nitrous works 25-150 wet kit for $ 280 new from bennett racing in Alabama

1 - 20 of 23 Posts