Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06' GT with SLP Loudmouth 2, and I love the sound, I don't think the tone could get any better.. But I want it to be louder, and I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on getting an O/R X pipe vs an O/R H pipe, or are there any other suggestions on how to make it louder? Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd say go with the h pipe or prochamber to balance it out. With the x and slp's it'd be stupid loud haha.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Depends on what YOU want. Everyone has their own opinion. Like mine i don't think that o/r midpipe and slp lm1 sound like straight pipes, i think they are better way better in fact. Now if you want a louder more tamed and deep sound go with the o/r pro chamber, if you want and loud and still deep go with o/r h pipe, and if you want loud nascar sound go with o/r x. My opinion is h pipe.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Never said it "sounded" like straight pipe. I said it IS straight pipe. I had a 03 gt a long ass time ago with offroad x and slp lm1's and sounded like crap.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Personal opinion. I don't have am x pipe. But h pipe sounds good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My personal opinion i like crazy loud I have a catless x with borla race mufflers from a shelby which is almost steaight pipes and I love it on my 2010 mustang, my neighbors dont too much.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't know if everyone saw, but I have LM2 not LM1.
Hey you've heard mine so it'd be like that but louder and raspier

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
With lm2 I would say o/r x pipe would sound great! I haven't heard it. If you really wanna stay away from rasp and crackle lm2 and o/r h would be it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I really don't want the raspy sound, I want to pretty much keep my current exhaust tone and make it louder.

·
Registered
341 Posts
you have the LM2 mufflers with stock pipe?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Go with an h pipe with lm2 and itll be louder and shouldnt have much rasp being the 2 series

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Have you checked youtube for videos of slp lm2 with and offroad midpipe you wont hear the tone but you can judge the volume

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
Just remember "loud" is a subjective term, everyone has their own opinion of what "loud" is. what isn't loud to you may be super loud to someone else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just recently put an o/r x pipe with pype bombs and it sounded like crap between 2k and 3k while driving so I installed 2 m80 resonators and I'm much happier with the way it sounds now

1 - 20 of 37 Posts