Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bbk intake, and a pypes bomb axelback but looking for more, but I've also heard the pypes bomb sounds like crap when you add one. Any recommendations for o/r x pipe? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have pypes off road Xpipe,

Performance 5 stars
Fit 3.5 stars
Finish 4 stars

·
Registered
43 Posts
From what I hear, most O/R X pipes are the same. But personally, I like Bassani and Magnaflow products. I feel (in my opinion) that you can never go wrong with them but I'll say again, I dont think there's too big of a difference in O/R X pipes

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pypes O/R X to go with your Pypes axle back would be my recommendation to save money. I have further information for your application.

Project B.O.B. 2005 Mustang GT Performance - Mustang Tech Articles - CJ Pony Par

BBK exhuast products fit good as well. The BBK 2 3/4 inch X-pipe in my mind is the best performance mid pipe for use with factory headers on the S197 3valve. You can see how much of an improvment it made over the Pypes on project BOB.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just go with Pypes offroad x pipe. Cheaper than others and will sound the same as other offroad x pipes. All it is is pipe. It's not going to sound different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts