Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 V6 with BBK LongTube Headers and off-road X-pipe and Borla Atak cat-back. After a long time, and numerous trips to the shop I figured out my engine light was a bad O2 sensor. I bought two front NTK sensors from American Muscle and they have great reviews. My performance shop said NO use Ford ones, Well they are A LOT more. Anybody have experience with Ford verses NTK?? Also If I just stick with Ford like I have, I have been told to replace both, and that it doesn't matter. I am very confused and need some advice! What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Your check engine light is from not having cats because of your x pipe...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P2251. I've confirmed its the O2 sensor with some trouble shooting and a multi meter. I just don't know which ones to use

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
The ones you have are fine. Follow up question- are you using o2 extensions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I replaced them and same code. I switched only the O2 sensor to the other side and the new code came up on the other side. That's how I know if that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
You would have to ask a cyclone owner but usually there are retaining clips holding up the wire and with that gone it typically gives you enough room to connect them.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I prefer to use OEM parts for things like sensors. But since you already bought a replacement, just go ahead and use it. Even the OEM sensors fail.

I don't think that it will be a problem using one aftermarket, and one OEM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts