Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a stock V6 and a few days ago, an odd squeak started coming from the rear of his pony at idle. It's a high pitch squeak that seems to repeat on a revolution. As if it is a piece that is spinning. He said it doesn't do it in motion, only when in neutral or engaged clutch at low speeds, but mostly at idle in no motion. I thought it off because he hasn't changed anything and its only a couple months old. Any ideas, or maybe just a bad factory part fell through the cracks...?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well at idle the only parts that turn are the engine, clutch/flywheel, and the transmission. I would guess transmission, and road noise is covering it up at higher speeds. Check the fluid

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same thing. It's loud enough that you'd hear it at low speeds, and it's odd that its coming from the rear. Much louder standing behind than on the side or the front. And it's a manual transmission. So it can't be transmission fluid.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Is the vehicle under warranty? Maybe not the full bumper to bumper, but our Mustangs (at least in 2011) carry a 100K drivetrain one. May be covered with a deductable.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we both live in Germany so it's pretty sketch to go to a dealer. They never see mustangs so its a bit worrisome to take a pony to a mechanic who hasn't worked on one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts