Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this doesnt happen often but it happens atleast once or twice a week, when i turn on the car and start backing out of my driveway, everytime i press down on the brake the whole car vibrates roughly and makes a loud noise which is a result of the vibration of course but like i said it doesnt happen often. Just 2 days ago i had them run a diagnostic on the car and nothing showed up, so does anyone have any idea what this might be?

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
could be brakes, especially if its humid in the morning.. especially if the brakes are starting to wear down, and hitting different parts of the pad..

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
if the bolts holding the caliper on are loose, it may make nosie, have them go over the brakes and check all the bolts and inspect the rotors and what not.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
i had that problem with 1 of my brembo rotors, it turned out the rotor was out of round a little bit so called em up and had a new 1 delivered next day

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
when i back up and stop fast my rotor will make a noise cuz its floating design lets the rear raise up when you apply force to it... you may have a similar issue thats not supposed to be there, aka bolt loose.

either way its under warranty MAKE Them fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill be going tomorrow to Ford then and bring up those points because i had them run a diagnostic just last week and i guess they didnt even bother to take some extra looks to see what that sound could be. Ill let you guys know what happens.

And thank you for all your replies!

·
Registered
281 Posts
could just be that evening moisture puts a slight 'glaze'on the rotors. especially after a rain. look at your rotors in the morning before you get in to start it up. I bet they aren't as shiny as they usually are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts