Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I'd probalby think about replacing it soon but if its still starting right up and tests fine on a battery tester... that's a judgement call.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a Wal Mart battery... Just... don't. Interstate and Optima are good but not like they once were.

I'd just get a sealed Napa battery... never had a problem with those ever.
I know you have you reasons for posting this, but my experience with walmart batteries begs to differ.

·
Registered
541 Posts
My 2013 is still going strong on the OEM battery, though recently I noticed some corrosion on the negative terminal . I wire brushed that clean, removed the connector and cleaned the post and cable, put it back together and coated it with battery protector spray. When it goes I'll replace it with a Costco Interstate battery for $99.92. I also don't replace them until they're dead or show clear signs the end is near but I keep a lithium jump pack and jumper cables in the trunk just in case.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine only made it just short of 4 years. Died in the end of a 10 day stretch of 105°+ weather summer of '17. I think died from a couple of cells that needed water. Did not think of checking them. I think my charger used over the winter months must have been a bit to hot on the trickle mode. Found another one for this year. Hoping it is a much slower charge. Will be checking the water levels and filling as needed.

Talked with Ford shop about the Motorcraft batteries. Was told the ones from the factory are not the greatest, but the shop guys believe in the replacements. Said they were a much stronger and longer life battery. Did not go with one though. Got too good of a deal on a Diehard. Guess it might be my last one of those since Sears is dying on the vine...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Dang that sucks
my battery was in mine 5 years,
but only because my dad decided to put a bigger one in.

Except the new only lasted 1 week until the whole case cracked & fell apart from the cold & we got another one
& it's been 7+ years already

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Doctor of Medicine, Smarty McFarty
i might be startin' med school in the fall :D
Knowing how things went here a short time ago....good luck with that...I always say...”you know when and how you get experience?........Right after you needed it.”......so, really, you will be in my prayers for success.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hopefully you're using a maintenance charger, not a trickle charger. The Tender units from Deltron are proven to maintain a battery automatically, giving the battery what it needs and keeping it fully charged while its hooked up. At least until something internal in the battery fails.
Five years out of my original batt. I have found it to be hit or miss with WM Johnson Controls made batteries. My car sized units have been great. My truck's big battery has been a nightmare. Good thing for WM's warranty coverage. I'm on my fourth truck battery in four years. I only had to pay for the first one, but the free replacement period is up on the deal. We'll see how long this one goes on the last two years of their pro-rated period. In most cases its tough to beat WM price, freshness and warranty. That being said I check around for good deals on quality batteries. Currently have a Bosch in the Stang. Also an Advanced Auto battery in another of my cars.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts