Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my friend owns a 2006 GT and he bought an Off road H-pipe for his stang which he said didn't fit so he is giving me the Off road H-pipe. Since i'm getting a free h-pipe how would i go about installing it on my 2007 4.0? Keeping my cats i think i read somewhere I would have to custom fit it since the H-pipe is 2.5"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it would actually fit my manifold? Isn't the V6 manifold 2.25"?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
They have different off road pipes specific for each year unless he bought the one that fits a V6... But if I'm not mistaken if its for a GT it will only fit a GT 05-09...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not so knowledgeable in some specifics so any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm not an expert by far, but I do my homework an research, and I've shopped for months to find the right price pipes. And through my research when you study the application it tells you what year and model the pipes will fit... If it doesn't fit his ride he prolly bought the wrong one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!! Haha and yeah he probably did, he is going to send me the info on H-pipes later then i will update on the situation. Do you happen to know the diameter of the stock midpipe and manifold-cat piping? I think after the Cats it is 2.5" but i'm not sure of the size before the cats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Here is the website where he got his H-pipe it says it actually is for his mustang so who knows its amazon! hahah but i see that it will definitely not fit directly. Would it be crazy to try to get a shop to cut and weld it for custom fit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001CI52SO/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1365539590&sr=8-1&pi=SL75
Naw that's the right pipe for his year and model maybe some shimming would help but that's the one... I don't know the stock diameter sorry bro. I've order parts from amazon before they are legit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's cool thanks for the help!!! I took it to a muffler shop and he said if it lines up right he can cut and weld it on for 50 bucks!! Cheapest route to dual conversion ever! xD

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

For my 07 4.0 that is because my friend with the GT ended up just buying off road X-pipes. Which got me this H-pipe for free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely!! Thanks again!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts