Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about I order off road h pipe and te ghost cam tune and am fully aware il have to switch them back for emissions and am ok with that . I have flowmasters on car right now . I'm just wondering anyone ever get pulled over for having a loud exhaust. I know obviously don't drive like a moron revving it everywhere just being cautious. Before I purchase thanks guys

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
So I'm about I order off road h pipe and te ghost cam tune and am fully aware il have to switch them back for emissions and am ok with that . I have flowmasters on car right now . I'm just wondering anyone ever get pulled over for having a loud exhaust. I know obviously don't drive like a moron revving it everywhere just being cautious. Before I purchase thanks guys
your a cop...wouldn't you know the answer too this?

I think it depends on where you live so no one but you can answer this for you area unless they live there. I rev mine loud all the time and never had a cop say a word. Even driven her loud with cops sitting right next too me. I also don't rev her loud during the night or early mornings though.

others probably have been pulled over. Depends on where ya live or what towns ya drive through.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha it doesn't matter what I personally do lol and yes I am but everyone has different experiences . I personally don't care as long your not being a idiot in neighborhoods . But others I work with may be different I don't ask them cuz then I give them a reason to be a dick to me lol

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I'm next door In Illinois . The crappy part is it varies from cop to cop lol

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I thinks that's all on the driver honestly I'm ordering mine Friday and I was worried about that my neighbors would turn vagina on me. If your doin it too rev and scare people to show off I think your asking for trouble karma has a way of coming back, but of you have the courtesy to ease up at nights and early mornings its cool

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I got pulled over once and the cop just said that my exhaust was preety loud, he had a call on the radio and let me go.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Haha it doesn't matter what I personally do lol and yes I am but everyone has different experiences . I personally don't care as long your not being a idiot in neighborhoods . But others I work with may be different I don't ask them cuz then I give them a reason to be a dick to me lol

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I'm next door In Illinois . The crappy part is it varies from cop to cop lol
yeah see around here people are big into muscle cars and old school cars and such. You also have a city that during the summer it is not uncommon to see a handful of ferraris, lambos, ashton martins, etc. onward driving around. Also there are a lot of car shows put on by police precincts. There is one in June I might go too, I just feel weird entering a car show with "illegal" mods with police everywhere haha. I bet most of them have similar mods though.

Cops around here love to pull over ricers and other cars that sound similar. It is rare and I mean rare to see a mustang or camaro pulled over here. Challengers? All the time...but...there is a reason to that I will get called the R word for...lol...There is literally only one group of people who drive challengers in this area.

I see the multi colored body kit civics, suburu wrx, mistu lancers, etc. pulled over all the time. I see atleast 15-20 mustangs a day and never pulled over.

We also have a Ford plant here too so lot of big supporters of Ford.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
yeah see around here people are big into muscle cars and old school cars and such. You also have a city that during the summer it is not uncommon to see a handful of ferraris, lambos, ashton martins, etc. onward driving around. Also there are a lot of car shows put on by police precincts. There is one in June I might go too, I just feel weird entering a car show with "illegal" mods with police everywhere haha. I bet most of them have similar mods though.

Cops around here love to pull over ricers and other cars that sound similar. It is rare and I mean rare to see a mustang or camaro pulled over here. Challengers? All the time...but...there is a reason to that I will get called the R word for...lol...There is literally only one group of people who drive challengers in this area.

I see the multi colored body kit civics, suburu wrx, mistu lancers, etc. pulled over all the time. I see atleast 15-20 mustangs a day and never pulled over.

We also have a Ford plant here too so lot of big supporters of Ford.
Prolly because those Civics are speeding to keep up with a mustang lol

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Prolly because those Civics are speeding to keep up with a mustang lol
haha true story! Nothing funnier than being at a stop light and driving normal and getting to speedlimit way before anyone else and that car that was next too you goes flying past you like they think they look cool because they finally caught up too you and all the while you didn't know you were "racing"

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ghost cams here I come !! Lol ya may have to park away from the station lmao but I think the cams may make them think I just have cams that's why it's loud no law on having cams lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
yes. LOL.

just as stated, don't be stupid and blare through neighborhoods and such with the car specially early or late at night.
Some guy in a dinky old bmw tried to show off to me the other day, i was keeping up with him going half throttle. And then my engine misfired. Cool. Haha

·
Registered
157 Posts
It is really funny when someone gets a little road rage behind you. Then tries to pass, and I waited until he was next to me in his BMW when I floored it. He wasn't happy.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Some guy in a dinky old bmw tried to show off to me the other day, i was keeping up with him going half throttle. And then my engine misfired. Cool. Haha
LOL I haven't had the misfires of course, but I love it when my shifter doesn't go into second and I end up just revving the car while no longer accelerating forward and get passed.

Definitely getting an MGW shifter soon to help remedy this.

·
Registered
720 Posts
LOL I haven't had the misfires of course, but I love it when my shifter doesn't go into second and I end up just revving the car while no longer accelerating forward and get passed.

Definitely getting an MGW shifter soon to help remedy this.
Yea it's great. I ocassionally can't shift into second because of that and also because when I get close to redline the clutch gets really firm sometimes. Good stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts