Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing around AM and noticed a lot of off road pipes, does that mean Its illegal to install on my car? What's the differences from a off road pipe and on road? Last question is if I get headers will I need an off road pipe of does it connect to the stock pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Off road pipe means no catalytic converters and yes its illegal in most states cause you wont pass emmisions test. There are off road pipes made for stock exhaust manifolds and aftermarket headers. They also make hi flo cat pipes as well. Hope this helps. WARNING- off road pipes are super loud!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
ViperTran said:
Browsing around AM and noticed a lot of off road pipes, does that mean Its illegal to install on my car? What's the differences from a off road pipe and on road? Last question is if I get headers will I need an off road pipe of does it connect to the stock pipes?
Offroad means that they do not have cats on them...some states do not have inspection so you can throw them bad boys on...catted pipes(on road) have cats on them... And depending on what header you get...if you get longtube headers you will need a shorty midpipe...if you get shorty headers it will connect to normal length midpipes :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doe_Rae_mi said:
Offroad means that they do not have cats on them...some states do not have inspection so you can throw them bad boys on...catted pipes(on road) have cats on them... And depending on what header you get...if you get longtube headers you will need a shorty midpipe...if you get shorty headers it will connect to normal length midpipes :)
Ohhh thanks bud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked around AM and I can't seem to find anything that's street legal, everything for the v6 is mostly off road. Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,623 Posts
Oh there are street legal options, they're just in the $1k price range, which is rather stupid considering Magnaflow cats can be had for less then $100 each. And offroads are illegal, whether they do emissions tests or not, just it's harder to get caught and ticketed for it. It's a Federal law.

My suggestion: Run offroad as-is or buy an offroad and have 2 Magnaflows welded in for $200 more. Stay legal, help mother nature, and don't pay out the nose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sanguin said:
Oh there are street legal options, they're just in the $1k price range, which is rather stupid considering Magnaflow cats can be had for less then $100 each. And offroads are illegal, whether they do emissions tests or not, just it's harder to get caught and ticketed for it. It's a Federal law.

My suggestion: Run offroad as-is or buy an offroad and have 2 Magnaflows welded in for $200 more. Stay legal, help mother nature, and don't pay out the nose.
Thanks! I'm just trying to pass inspection
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Would I be able to get bbk long tube headers and off road shorty x pipes and Roush axle backs with out needing something else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
They are the front portion of the mid pipe. The long tubes and shorty x pipe replace the shorty headers and cats and hybrid h pipe you have stock. You will still use the section of exhaust behind the hybrid h pipe that connect to your axle backs. The only way to bypass using the stock rear portion is to get a cat back exhaust. Then you would have a full new exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
Nope, long tubes and shorty x pipes and axle backs is all you need. Just leave the stock mid pipes and you're good.
You made no sense bro? Lol what do u mean leave the stock mid pipes? The LT and Xpipe replace everything except the over the axle piping aka the catback portion.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Would I be able to get bbk long tube headers and off road shorty x pipes and Roush axle backs with out needing something else?
Yes that's all you would need to make it LOUD AND RASPY. Buy some resonators to be welded in on the catback piping after the xpipe to take the sound or your car is gna be LOUD AS FUC$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
I said the lower portion of the mid pipe. Technically, the stock hybrid h pipe and cat back tubing is considered the middle of the exhaust system, hence, mid pipe. At any rate, I think the thread owner gets the point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
I said the lower portion of the mid pipe. Technically, the stock hybrid h pipe and cat back tubing is considered the middle of the exhaust system, hence, mid pipe. At any rate, I think the thread owner gets the point.
I guess I consider the mid pipe the xpipe or Hpipe and the rest is the catback to me. But yea I'm sure he gets it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
You're right. The cat back is also called that. And technically the h or x pipe is considered the mid pipe. My bad on choice of words.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top