Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of this month the local drag strip opens up. I plan on making a few passes and I was wondering what good advice you fine users could impart. I have a 66 with a bored ported 302. Rocker rollers and cam, headers, massive radiator, drag oil pan, traction bars, msd ignition, and many other hp parts. But I've never officially been timed on the quarter mile.

Does octane booster have any significant or noticeable impacts on performance? Does it put any added strain on the engine I should know about?

I plan on taking out my rear seats, does taking weight out of the rear end add more to acceleration, or will I need it there for more traction (also my battery has been moved to the trunk)?

Any other tips are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
At the end of this month the local drag strip opens up. I plan on making a few passes and I was wondering what good advice you fine users could impart. I have a 66 with a bored ported 302. Rocker rollers and cam, headers, massive radiator, drag oil pan, traction bars, msd ignition, and many other hp parts. But I've never officially been timed on the quarter mile.

Does octane booster have any significant or noticeable impacts on performance? Does it put any added strain on the engine I should know about?

I plan on taking out my rear seats, does taking weight out of the rear end add more to acceleration, or will I need it there for more traction (also my battery has been moved to the trunk)?

Any other tips are appreciated.
I don't think octane booster does a whole lot.
Removing weight is the easiest and cheapest way to improve acceleration. Every little bit helps.
Moving the battery is a road course benefit and not so much for 1/4 mile. The idea is to get the car closer to a 50/50 weight distribution for handling. You remove battery weight from front and add to rear gives about 80 lbs swap.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You should only need octane booster if you have very high compression and if you do you should probably use a racing fuel instead. True higher octane slows down the flame to resist pre ignition with high compression and timing that has been advanced significantly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts