Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast today. My boss paid for me to stay at the Anaheim Hilton and attend the Microsoft Office 2003 launch event today. 14th (executive) floor.. Free food. All kinds of good stuff. I suggest anyone in IT go to one of these.. They're completely free. MS bought us all lunch.. Gave us a bunch of software... An Office 2003 t-shirt.. And if you stay to the end of the day you get a complete copy of Microsoft Office 2003 System Professional ($699 retail). It rocked.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's -just- like Star Office. :D Except it's blue. And looks sort of cartoony like Windows XP. And on top of that... It's got a bunch of great features that are so complicated nobody will ever use... I do like the blue though.

I bet they changed the activation a little from Office XP, also. :|

·
Registered
614 Posts
The IT company I work for in Tyson's Corner has MSDN access which is Microsoft Developers Network. Basically, we can sign on to a special members-only Microsoft page and download ALL and ANY microsoft applications, both as ones as old as Windows 3.1 to ones as new as Office beta versions :)

In conclusion, I've had the final release of Office 2003 Professional since the beginning of September (before public release) and it sure does rock. Their junk mail filters for Outlook are great, and the new reading pane on the right of the screen makes things a lot cleaner. A+ for MS :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts