Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installes some offset wheels on their mustang I want to do it but would like to see some pics first to see how far the rear wheels stick out

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
offset is an amount of measure past centerline, you need to know WHAT the offset it before you know how it will impact the wheel fitting

to figure it all out you need to know the rim width, the backspacing or front spacing OR offset (positive or negative)

then you can figure it out.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I meant to put in here was I was wondering how a staggered set up would look with 8.5 front and 9.5 rear

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have 19x8.5's (255/40 tires) in the front and 19x10's (285/35 tires) on the rear on my 05GT. I will take pictures later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hit my Album and you will see a couple pics of my "Staggered" setup also.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am gonna wait till I need new tires and just order the foose legends 18 inch wheels and tires from American muscle that should give me plenty of time to decide whether to stagger or not. My biggest worry is the wheels and tires sticking too far out from my rear or does the inner part of the wheel sit deeper in the well?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
That depends on the Wheel setup, Wheels come different setup up spacing, 3 diffrent spacings, front, middle, rear. The easiest way to understand what i'm talking about is: DEEP DISH, deep dish is the rear spacing setup, meaning the bolts/lugnuts mount on the inner side of the wheel, which gives you the Deep Dish look. The Front side spacing is where the bolts mount on the outer side of the wheel, where that does not look as if it has any lip at all. Middle is right in the middle of the wheel, so it looks kinda like a normal wheel. I probably used the wrong terminology for this explaination, but thats the general idea.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts