Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2015 V6 in magnetic metallic and I am required to have front and rear license plates in Ohio. I am interested in any recommendations as to how to go about this as I'd have to mount it on the front. It looks so much better without it so I am leaning toward just putting it inside the dash on the front and maybe getting a nice plate frame on the back. Is there a good frame that would go with my car? and would you recommend mounting the front one on or just keeping it in the dash?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Depends on if your local LOE's are real anal about properly displaying the front tag. Ebay has tons of options for front brackets.

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Craig's Custom mount. I ran one on my 98 and running one on my 2000. I can remove it whenever I want in about 30 seconds if that and it leaves no marks or anything.

But if you are doing what you are saying and putting it on the dash, eventually a cop having a bad day or who is just a dick is going to gig you. Honestly unless you are going to be doing car shows just get the damn factory bolt on mount...

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
I used to dash mine.....someone mentioned it flying around and cutting you open in an accident. I never got in trouble for it but the couple of times I got stopped I was respectful and polite. I'm always older and white. If you do dash it keep something like zip ties available "If I mount it now can I go?"

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
We require front plates here in Washington, and lots of people got tickets for not having them (I should know, as I wrote a few of them between 1980 and 2011........).
I don’t think that Ford’s mount looks all that bad, but I would not want to sell my car to someone who is NOT going to run a front plate, and have those two ragged holes showing!

·
Super Moderator
17,862 Posts
Dang that's a lot of money....glad we don't have front plates here in NC.
That's not a lot of money... Not for the product you get and not vs what some other stuff costs.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts