Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all catch cans the same? They range on eBay from $20-120. I really want to order one but don't want to waste my money. Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. They have some nice square looking ones on eBay that look nice. I think sick speed makes em. I didn't know if there was a difference. I figured they all have to be pretty much made the same. They day for turbocharged motors, does that matter?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Don't beat me up for my question please cause I don't really know but what does a catch can do other that collect oil and why would I need one?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It catches sludge+ oil. If it don't catch it then back to the motor it goes. Then it'll sludge up your valves. Catch can keeps your motor cleaner.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

My bad it catches mist + oil which turns into sludge . Very wise investment.

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
What's the need of the air filter on it?
The filter allows the catch can to vent to atmosphere. I run a catch can because it also prevents oil mist from reentering the intake which also lowers your fuel octane and can also cause spark knock. I see around 18 lbs of boost and the last thing I want us detonation.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a catch can too but it doesn't have a fancy air filter on it. It had some kind of valve at the bottom of it, I assume it was some kind of pressure release but plugged it because I don't want oil spitting on my engine. I wonder how important that air vent is.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a catch can too but it doesn't have a fancy air filter on it. It had some kind of valve at the bottom of it, I assume it was some kind of pressure release but plugged it because I don't want oil spitting on my engine. I wonder how important that air vent is.
Mine also has a stain petcock on the bottom. If your catch can has no filter or breather than it likely is on air oil separator. I have no emissions controls on my car and no hoses are being rerouted to my intake. A true catch can should have a smokey vapor coming out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts