Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i purchased my mustang with 37k on it and now it has 41k im going to change the oil tomorrow which filter should i buuy?? Fram or k&n also for the transmission fluids how do you check that one?? And when should i change it??

·
Registered
624 Posts
My mustang almost has 2500 on it also. And was wondering the same. Car says 81% oil life. Not trying to steal your thread. Just wondering the same.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i use the OEM ford filter for oil and I would also for trans if its an auto. If its a manual trans then it wont have a filter and you cant check the fluid.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Ok so i purchased my mustang with 37k on it and now it has 41k im going to change the oil tomorrow which filter should i buuy?? Fram or k&n also for the transmission fluids how do you check that one?? And when should i change it??
If u care bout your car, don't use frame filters.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Full synthetic oil, for sure. Mobil 1 is great and they have pretty excellent filters. I'd go with what the guys above me said... And I agreed with.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Amsoil In my transmission & royal purple in my engine. Motorcraft filter

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good rule; spend high!

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Mkolabin said:
Good rule; spend high!
Not specifically lol I just wanna get the best out of her :good:

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
SpectorV said:
i use the OEM ford filter for oil and I would also for trans if its an auto. If its a manual trans then it wont have a filter and you cant check the fluid.
+1 Motor craft oil is good stuff! And there filter is one of the best!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think that the most important piece of info, outside of the more you spend the better you'll go, is that ALWAYS BUY FULL SYNTHETIC!

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok but if i change from normal oil to synthetic do i just add the synthetic oil after i drain the normal oil?? Just like that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts