147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 5-20 ok at this miles
Mobile 1 extended performance

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I usually go the maximum amount of miles in between oil changes, but 60k miles seems a bit excessive, doesn't it Kstangs?
:p:

5w20 will be fine to use at that mileage.
:thumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Run whats called for until the end of its life. Old wives tail to change weight of oil with miles. Also your engine is just finally getting broken in. 60k isnt **** for an engine these days.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
630 Posts
Why not Teak 14, just letting someone else take the depreciation hit that way...I paid 60% of my cars sticker price a couple years old with a click over 20k miles.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
457 Posts
The OP didn't say this was a first oil change, I think it was meant as "my car has 60k miles, can I use this oil?"

Or that's how it reads to me.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The OP didn't say this was a first oil change, I think it was meant as "my car has 60k miles, can I use this oil?"

Or that's how it reads to me.

Me too. Never thought that this was his first oil change.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car is 2011 5.0 i use it as a DD i just travel on the weekends for like 6hrs and 6 hrs back so lately this year ive put over 25k back n forth

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
It's "Mobil 1" not "Mobile 1" FYI.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Would not want a car oil change at 60 and maybe thrash the hell out of it. Not saying all just saying.
Don't smoke crack and lurk the forum. This obviously (to me) isn't his first oil change, just asking at this mileage should he switch to a different oil.
I am leery of buying used but if I'm extremely thorough about pre purchase inspection, it's the way to go.
My 2014 GT bone stock, unmolested, not modded in any way when I bought it used was only $24k with 9k miles in January. I had Carfax service records of the fluid changes and any service.
i almost turned around and walked out when I arrived to look at it after a 3 hour drive when the salesman said with excitement that this ones got a tune on it....then said oh wait a minute , I'm sorry, no it doesn't. I acted disappointed to make sure he wasn't lying.

* sorry for thread hijack. I also wondered about switching to 5w30 Mobil 1 extended service but after remembering I DONT have any tick, never over heats, doesn't burn any, and the oil still looks decent at 4500 miles...then why switch?

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Don't smoke crack and lurk the forum. This obviously (to me) isn't his first oil change, just asking at this mileage should he switch to a different oil.

I am leery of buying used but if I'm extremely thorough about pre purchase inspection, it's the way to go.

My 2014 GT bone stock, unmolested, not modded in any way when I bought it used was only $24k with 9k miles in January. I had Carfax service records of the fluid changes and any service.

i almost turned around and walked out when I arrived to look at it after a 3 hour drive when the salesman said with excitement that this ones got a tune on it....then said oh wait a minute , I'm sorry, no it doesn't. I acted disappointed to make sure he wasn't lying.

* sorry for thread hijack. I also wondered about switching to 5w30 Mobil 1 extended service but after remembering I DONT have any tick, never over heats, doesn't burn any, and the oil still looks decent at 4500 miles...then why switch?

Don't forget about the killer mod it had when you bought it. Come on waylap1. Tell everyone about your not so stock plasti dipped wheels. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do 2011 command the same oil as 2014 (as in 5w20)? I use 5w20 extended performance in my 2014 GT. It works great, no ticks, doesn't burn any off, etc. Great price on Amazon and Walmart

·
Registered
820 Posts
Don't forget about the killer mod it had when you bought it. Come on waylap1. Tell everyone about your not so stock plasti dipped wheels. ;)
That doesn't count as my mod, plus I got it all off before anyone saw it:) I like it all stock so I can make it really unique by plasti dipping other stuff like the hood vents and buying one of those super stubby antennas. Then I'm putting on an extra sound tube.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a Trac pack 2013 should I use the oil that's recommended or go to a different grade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 20 of 41 Posts