Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Goes into your intake, where it puddles behind your throttle body and then gets burn off thru the motor, you can install a catch can by JLT for about 100 bucks but it will just catch it from going into your intake, not stop it all together

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
That's why you should be running an oil catch can. It catches all that oil so it doesn't gunk your engine up and ruin it. If you look at my engine I have one it's by my CAI housing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. you guys. Can you post a picture so I can get an idea where to install mine. Now, another question... Isn't that what is called blow-by? Thanks again for the support, this is valuable information people get charged for at a "shark shop" if you know what I mean.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

About the oil catch can.. I guess it has to be emptied every so often. Right?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for the info. you guys. Can you post a picture so I can get an idea where to install mine. Now, another question... Isn't that what is called blow-by? Thanks again for the support, this is valuable information people get charged for at a "shark shop" if you know what I mean.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

About the oil catch can.. I guess it has to be emptied every so often. Right?
Definitely recommend the catch can. My motor was getting a lot of blow by and then I installed a catch can and it fixed the problem. They do their job. Just empty it at every oil change

1 - 9 of 9 Posts