Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my pypes headers I have an issue with the dipstick being that it will not mount with the new headers thus making a weird noise while driving. Please help!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh okay I see. I'm thinking its the dipstick making that weird rattle noise as if a go kart does. Can't figure anything else. It's only on the driver side header not the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Oh okay I see. I'm thinking its the dipstick making that weird rattle noise as if a go kart does. Can't figure anything else. It's only on the driver side header not the passenger side.
When I installed my headers I found that the heat shield above the passenger cat was hanging down and vibrating on the cat. Maybe it's that

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine wasnt that bad!! Did you used gaskets with the headers??
Yeah I used both stock and new gasket thinking it was a leak but yet it still makes that noise. I'm thinking its because the dipstick is loose or the gasket is still leaking air. As I said before the passenger side isn't making this noise. Only the driver side around the headers not near the cat.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Yeah I used both stock and new gasket thinking it was a leak but yet it still makes that noise. I'm thinking its because the dipstick is loose or the gasket is still leaking air. As I said before the passenger side isn't making this noise. Only the driver side around the headers not near the cat.
Hmm...maybe it is a leak. But if you've got em bolted up to the cylinder head nice and tight then they should be fine! Did you bolt em on from the center out?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm...maybe it is a leak. But if you've got em bolted up to the cylinder head nice and tight then they should be fine! Did you bolt em on from the center out?
I don't recall to be honest. But when I feel around and there's no leakage. There was before but I tighten the bolts even more and solved the leakage problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts