Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a little searching but haven't found anything yet. I recently did trickflow twisted wedge heads and tall valve overs...the valve covers I bought have no oil filler predrilled. I think they look pretty nice without the oil filler on them and I was wondering if anyone has found another place to put an oil fillter or modified their valve cover to look cleaner. I just dont like the filler tube sticking out of the valve cover. I believe most chevy's have the filler on the timing cover. Has anyone moved their 302 filler or made it look really clean?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm running Edelbrock performer heads with chrome Moroso tall Valve covers with a 1 inch intake spacer for clearance , I pre drilled my oil fill in the back and use a baffled grommet with breather cap!!

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looks really good, be aware stock valve covers have a little shield like flap under the breather/fill to keep oil from splashing up.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Looks really good, be aware stock valve covers have a little shield like flap under the breather/fill to keep oil from splashing up.
Yea I found that out after the new valve covers were on, oil was coming out of my breather cap and dripping on my header .

When you order your breather caps they come with a rubber grommet but you have to order a baffled grommet so the oil doesn't come out

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm running Edelbrock performer heads with chrome Moroso tall Valve covers with a 1 inch intake spacer for clearance , I pre drilled my oil fill in the back and use a baffled grommet with breather cap!!
looks pretty good, maybe if I did one on both valve covers it would look even

1 - 5 of 5 Posts