Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty quick question, on my car shown in my sig below. I have a b&m roots style blower and I am running Mobil 15w-30 synthetic should I be running regular or is synthetic ok to run on this car? Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I run regular

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but im asking because I have a blower!

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
if you've been using mobil 1 synthetic for a good while I'd stick with that... if you've used dino oil for 100k miles, and you switched to synthetic last oil change, it really shouldn't make much difference

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I bought the car from someone else I'm not sure what they were using, but I got it and it was time to be changed. So I changed it to synthetic, but I'm wondering is that okay since the blower causes increased pressure in there, is the synthetic alright? Or does it even matter?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
synthetic is just fine, high quality oils are also fine, but steer clear of no name oils..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man thanks for the info I thought I would never get an answer.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually you are much better off with synthetic oil for one reason higher pressures mean higher temp and Synthetic does not break down do to heat like conventional motor oil. Jets have been using synthetic since the beginning. Turbine engines spinning at 30,000 to 40,000 rpm oil sees much higher temps and pressures than a car every would. So keep using Synthetic oil and be secure in knowing it is the best for high performance cars!!! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're pretty smart man! thanks for the help. :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Mobil One is good but I use Castrol. Honestly Mobil One was the first on the market years ago but in reality all synthetics are about the same. I was actually involved in test a few years ago as a analyst to look at the leading synthetics and if there were differences. The Facts are any synthetic is better than the best regular product out there. Another thing all those additives you see for oil is worthless for synthetic which already have the viscosity advantages and thermal protections any additive may have.

So in a nutshell go to Walmart or anywhere and shop and compare. Whether it is Mobil One, Castrol, Havoline, Valvoline, Pennzoil, Amsoil, Royal Purple any of the synthetics will serve you good!!! ;)

Oh by the way I intentionally left out Quaker State and for a good reason They have always sucked. Back in the 70's to get the viscosity up in there product (Cheap ass oil) they would add wax to the oil which gummed up in the engine like someone poured a bucket of sludge in your engine !!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh thats nice go quaker state, not! Its horrible to me what some companys will do to make money, and now even though quaker stater did that, there a big oil company now. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i really dont know why people use quakerstate after hearing all this crap.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probably because no one does any research, sites like this are my research. Especially when you got some one like danger dude on here.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
he asks me on aim then he posts the answers... every one knows this DUR

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Corey forgot more than most of these guys put together know now. LOLOLOL. Some of us around here do know our stuff .... a lot of them learned a lot from being on here too.

I second that on engine oils as well as synthetics. They all must meet standards set by the Society of Automotive Engineers, all must meet or beat those standards. I use Havoline Synthetic, why? Its the cheapest synthetic I have found, and the Havoline brand name has been respected by mechanics and techs for as long as I can remember, and believe me, I can remember a lonnnnng time. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts