Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, there's the issue of the PCV valve on 99's allowing oil to pass into the upper intake and can lead to some detonation.

I've seen az2kvert's site showing how he added a Fuel filter in line between the valve cover and the intake, on the pcv tube.

Is this something I should consider doing, or maybe see about getting new valve covers

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
actually when i took myn off it had some oil in it. The best inside pic i got is this. Is this what the inside of your intake looked like somewhat?

thats the best i shot i got of the inside of my single port runners.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was oiler, blacker, but in general it looked pretty bad also. Monkey commented that it was normal, so I didn't give it a second thought until I ran across this

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
When I put on my stage 3 upper the stock one I took off was relatively clean. Smokedya95stang yours was much more grungy than mine was but then again your car is a 95 so eventually mine could have looked like that

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well i didnt have a problem that i know of, car had 23k on it, but i pluged mine off and put breathers on the valve covers to prevent the issue, how offten do you need to replace or clean those filters?

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know. From the pictures it looks like its clear so I would guess when it gets black, or you get a CEL that relates to the PCV.. is there even a CEL for that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
jbone said:
Parts dude "Highly recommended" that I get it installed by the service department.

I told him it's just a valve cover

I decided to have FORD do the install bacasue they are gong to clean the crap outta my intake manifold too: :oops:

I am so frustrated I am not going to explain it here but the whole ordeal made me start this thread:

http://www.232stangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=658&highlight=

Call these folks if it applies to you. they are nice and hopefully this will encourage the engineers to pull their heads out of the V8's engine bay and take a look at the V6's problem(s).

*edit* Aye kunt speel four sheet
If ford does the install I heard that ****** the timing a bit? Any truth to that. I'm running into the same problem and need to deal with it soon :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts