Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so.. Not sure what's going on. My car is leaking oil. It's pooling up by the front passenger side spark plug and running down into the exhaust and burning off. I know it's leaking because I soaked it all up and 2 days later its back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
05 GT 48,xxx miles. My oil pressure also is higher than normal but not much.

Not sure if you can tell from the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Jgill1992 said:
Ok so.. Not sure what's going on. My car is leaking oil. It's pooling up by the front passenger side spark plug and running down into the exhaust and burning off. I know it's leaking because I soaked it all up and 2 days later its back.
Cracked plug maybe ive seen that before and always wondered

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That's right about where my oil pressure gauge sits

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thats got to b the valve cover,,i went and looked at mine,,theres nothing else i can tell that it could be,,

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

05 GT 48,xxx miles. My oil pressure also is higher than normal but not much.

Not sure if you can tell from the picture.
oil pressure a little higher than mine,,but the gas gauge is about the same..lol..One small burn out and shell read 50 miles to e..lol

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just a little higher than it used to be. I can get some more pictures up and try and see if I can get better angles.

Valve cover gasket? How much is that on these cars? Only one I ever did was on a 89 jeep

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Is that vid starting a a COP? If so, you may want to clean around it and carefully pull the spark plug.

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's just a little higher than it used to be. I can get some more pictures up and try and see if I can get better angles.

Valve cover gasket? How much is that on these cars? Only one I ever did was on a 89 jeep
To be honest i never had to change one at work,,they are a reusable type and ive never had one leak,,I bet they are a little pricey,,but i would get it from ford,,or a good name brand

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I just wish I could tell where it's coming from.

I called ford and the guy said he can't imagine a valve cover gasket going out before 50,xxx miles

·
Banned
510 Posts
Jgill1992 said:
Yea I just wish I could tell where it's coming from.

I called ford and the guy said he can't imagine a valve cover gasket going out before 50,xxx miles
Take a look at a valve cover gasket SET. You'll see that there's a bunch of little gaskets. Unfortunately I can remember what kind of gasket is in that area but it could be one of those little ring gaskets. If you're mechanically inclined, go grab a Fel-Pro valve cover gasket set. Because if you're gonna try to fix it yourself you're gonna need it anyway because you'll need to take the valve cover off. If the car runs fine I doubt you cracked the valve cover. It's gotta be something with the plug, plug boot, or one of the gaskets. Idk man. It's gonna have to come apart to figure it out. The oil isn't just appearing lol. From the way it sounds and looks it should be a pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like it is the valve cover gasket just my luck I guess. I'll probably order cams and just do them at the same time (that was the plan anyway) The cars going to be parked for the rest of the winter so ill just have to deal with that next spring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts