Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 2.3L LX. When I bought it last year, it had 47K original miles--currently I've logged close to 10K miles since then. There is a leak under the timing belt cover (I think it's called that) and I've tried several high mileage oils (to swell and soften seals) but the leak is still there. Yesterday I put some AT-205 Reseal into the crankcase and the product says that results should be seen after a couple of days of driving. Has anyone used this product with success? The reviews seemed to be positive enough.
Thanks in advance for your input or advice!

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's very common for the cam (valve) cover to leak and run down there. Also if the cam gear has ever been off and no thread sealant put on the bolt it will leak through the bolt.

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
I have a '91 2.3L LX. When I bought it last year, it had 47K original miles--currently I've logged close to 10K miles since then. There is a leak under the timing belt cover (I think it's called that) and I've tried several high mileage oils (to swell and soften seals) but the leak is still there. Yesterday I put some AT-205 Reseal into the crankcase and the product says that results should be seen after a couple of days of driving. Has anyone used this product with success? The reviews seemed to be positive enough.
Thanks in advance for your input or advice!
It's very common for the cam (valve) cover to leak and run down there. Also if the cam gear has ever been off and no thread sealant put on the bolt it will leak through the bolt.
Going off what he said^, check your valve cover bolts, the 2 closest to the firewall on my fox were super loose and I had oil on my engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts