Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! it's me again bothering everybody with my car! hahaha I'm having this issue with the engine oil :s

Yesterday I noticed a little pool of oil on my garage floor so I checked and realized that it was leaking only when the car is ON (little but continous drops) and is coming out of this piece (I'm guessing it's a sensor):

So I took it off and cleaned it, as shown below:

But now that I placed it back where it was, it's dropping a lot more oil (again, just when the car is ON) and is no longer just drops, but a continous "stream" of oil, I think I already lost half of the oil and I don't know if I can make it on time so I can take it to someone to get it fixed.

Do you think this may be caused because I didn't add that strange white tape (https://www.google.com.mx/search?hl...8.841.6j3.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.7.img.VlZa_o0hDwE) when re attaching the sensor??

All your help will be much appreciated, and thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Use that white tape , can't spell it correctly..

Teflon tape I think
And that will fix your problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I found out that what's wrong is actually the piece where the sensor goes in, in this picture those red lines indicate cracks that this piece has, I think I have to replace the whole thing :S

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm glad you posted this because I've been having a bad oil leak problem and I'm pretty sure that I'm leaking from the exact place you are too, does anyone know the part name for that? So I can replace it?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Oil cooler. Thars what it really is cause it has coolant lines goin intp it

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

But if anything try oil filter housing as a description

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Oil cooler. Thars what it really is cause it has coolant lines goin intp it

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

But if anything try oil filter housing as a description
Oh ok thank you very much :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
2 places....dealer or junkyard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts