Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found the exact cause of the leak in my car... The damn oil pan... I have attached a picture with the two leak spots circled, my question is what is a good replacement pan and the best way to get the old one out.. I know some cars you can drop the k-member or pull the engine which one is easier with this car? if you have a choice that is haha

Attachments

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
If it's only leaking from the drain plug and oil level sensor then they can be fixed easily without messing with the pan.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Well I finally found the exact cause of the leak in my car... The damn oil pan... I have attached a picture with the two leak spots circled, my question is what is a good replacement pan and the best way to get the old one out.. I know some cars you can drop the k-member or pull the engine which one is easier with this car? if you have a choice that is haha
I like my Canton 7 qt. pan. The extra capacity is always a good idea and the internal baffles keep the oil where it needs to be.

To remove the pan, I think you can just unbolt and lift the engine from above to get enough room to R&R the pans.

Are the threads damaged on your old pan or is it leaking around the inserts? Just thinking that maybe tapping out the threads would be easier than replacing the whole pan.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
I like my Canton 7 qt. pan. The extra capacity is always a good idea and the internal baffles keep the oil where it needs to be.

To remove the pan, I think you can just unbolt and lift the engine from above to get enough room to R&R the pans.

Are the threads damaged on your old pan or is it leaking around the inserts? Just thinking that maybe tapping out the threads would be easier than replacing the whole pan.
I agree. And if the thread aren't bad, maybe just some liquid Teflon will do the trick. :good:

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Also yes you can just unbolt the motor mounts and lift the engine. You will have to unbolt the oil pump pickup tube to sneak the pan over the cross member. But I also did this with my trans out of the way. So im not to sure how much you can lift the eng with the trans in?..

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll I'll take some time to try and figure out if I can fix those areas without having to remove the pan... If not I'm just going to get a new better pan if I have to take it out anyways haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts