Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to hear my lifters loud like its gasping for oil at very low idle. Now I left it without turning on for almost a week and turn it on and here it loud! Then went away after 3 sec being on . I'm pretty sure its my oil pump . Its never been changed . Should've changed it when I had the engine out. But **** it I guess either I pull the whole thing out again or I just lift it enough to get the pan off and pump . What you guys think about this situation

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Oh and forgot to add that my oil level was fine too

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K thx . Hey btw do you guys know if the posi unit from the svo will fit on my rear end. We should have a 7.5 also. I seen someone on craigslist has one for sale with the gear too

·
Lorraine's driver
7,775 Posts
K thx . Hey btw do you guys know if the posi unit from the svo will fit on my rear end. We should have a 7.5 also. I seen someone on craigslist has one for sale with the gear too
The whole rear diff, or just the inside? Correct me if I'm wrong guys. The traction-Lok is an 8.8 and should bolt on any fox.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No svo is 7.5

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

And well yes excluding axles .

·
Lorraine's driver
7,775 Posts
No svo is 7.5

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

And well yes excluding axles .
Cool, I didn't know they also had a traction-Lok 7.5 too. I don't see why your pumpkin wouldn't work as they are the same in size. :good:

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you are going to replace the axle I would just find an 8.8" rearend. It can take a beating and you will also have a lot more parts available

1 - 10 of 10 Posts