Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, I just got 16.7 mpg on my last trip. (mostly interstate!) It was raining the whole way, that wouldn't make a difference would it?

It is basically stock. (CAI + Dual exhaust)

Anyway, I'm wondering what sort of things could be messed up to give me such poor mileage.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
ahhh... welcome to the world of crappy milage :)

i get about 20 on the highway with all my mods (including 4.10's) and about 16 in the city

:no: :no:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You guys are getting shitty shitty mileage.

I get like 25 highway on long trips, sometimes 27....

Whipster how many miles on your car?

Id say its time for a tune up.

Spark plugs, wires, fuel system treat ment, some fuel injection cleaner, Clean out your throttle body, clean your maf.

Maybe you need a tune. Some sensor could also be out and you might not know it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but I have standard gears and basically a stock motor :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got 79,*** on it.

Replaced the spark plugs a month ago, just cleaned out the TB

Think I'll have to get some fuel treatment/injector cleaner and see how that works

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how difficult are those to install?

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
hey charles, I just had my Computer checked and it came up as "P0174" 02 bank 2 lean. I got a thing of lucas Injector cleaner, I am going to try this. anyone think it will help (o BTW my light has not come back on yet.)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
injection cleaner wont help at all in that case.

you have a passenger side 2nd oxygen sensor out.
Injection cleaner will help your fuel system and injectors.
But your o2's in your exhaust (one being out) will cause you to have a bad idle (maybe) and some bad mileage.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Might want to replace your fuel filters. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have seen O2s go bad and the vehicle run super rich too, blow black smoke out the exhaust. An 86 V6 Ranger we had did that.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Bad sensor can make the car go either way, too lean, or too rich....

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Also bad O2 can read too lean or too rich and be fine...or the car can be either way and it won't be able to detect it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If your car is getting bad mileage, more likely it may be running a bit rich....

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Fishers Stang said:
hey charles, I just had my Computer checked and it came up as "P0174" 02 bank 2 lean. I got a thing of lucas Injector cleaner, I am going to try this. anyone think it will help (o BTW my light has not come back on yet.)

Dude i had that code forever in my car.... hit me on AIM so i can explain what i had to do to get it off. I spent about 800 bucks tryin to figure out wtf was going on, hopefullly i can save you time and money.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts