Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this **** started yesterday. I was drivin around and my brake light came on... so i figured alright, need some fluid. Sure enough the floaty thing was at the bottom of the brake fluid container, so i filled her up. Then the problem started. While id be sitting at a stop light, my brake pedal would have to be pushed farther and farther down so i would stay put. I was like... ok whatever. So later that night i go drivin again and its really bad again, the floaty thing dropped to the bottom again after dumping a whole bottle of that stuff in there. Now this morning i went out to my car hit the brakes and theres like absolutely no resistance in my pedal.. it just goes to the floor. I looked for a puddle or somethin under my car but didnt see anything, however it looks like theres a major leak inside my engine compartment. I dont know what the thing is called, but theres a couple brake lines running to it from the overlflow container...

what the hell is wrong with my car?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
It is either the master cylinder (plastic tank holding the brake fluid and the cylindrical thing it is attached to) has gone bad or you could have air in the line and need to bleed the air out . if you have a leak and there is no puddle look for a cracked line that sprays when you mash the pedal.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dont understand... even if i hit the brakes i wouldnt see anything come out. Theres absolutely NO fluid left i think... My pedal in my car just kinda hangs there, i can push it in by blowing on it....

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lemme try to find a digital camera and see if i can get a picture of it... hang on

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright... here we go.

The picture with the yellow circle just shows brake fluid everywhere...

The picture with the white circle shows where fluid is being sprayed out of

The picture with the green circle is the part that i believe is scrwed up... but who knows. What do you guys think?? what part is that and what kinda costs am i looking at for this repair.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HELP!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

·
Registered
231 Posts
JB Liquid weld around the whole thing. That will do it up right! :D

Anyway, adding fluid to a leaky master cylinder is a loosing battle. You still have gobs of air, and it's plain dangerous

But it really won’t cost an arm and a leg to fix ($200). But the repair bill for a stang rear ending into another car can put a hurting on the wallet.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im obviously going to get it fixed... i just need to know what it is that needs the fixing lol

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
It looks like in the pic you are pointing to the brake pressure control valve directly under the master cylinder assembly. I dont know by the pic if a crack in the line or a leaking valve. A brake shop can do it fairly cheap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts