Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first drove my stang for a long distance and started noticing everything, I was kind of worried about how much plastic is used in everywhere. It looks awesome now. But how will it be 20 years from now, I guess I was just worried about how long it will last. I know the dash is like a hard rubber.. Anyone feel the same?
Now I've never personally sat in a old 68' mustang for example.. And from pictures ive seen a wooden steering wheel, a open front floor.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I think the interior isn't bad at all... considering our cars are around 30-40k and we give cars around 60-70k a run for their money... I think the interior could be better, even a Jetta has higher quality materials inside... I hate the material inside our trunks

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I think the interior isn't bad at all... considering our cars are around 30-40k and we give cars around 60-70k a run for their money... I think the interior could be better, even a Jetta has higher quality materials inside... I hate the material inside our trunks
But the 412 Horsepower makes up for it im guessing?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
But the 412 Horsepower makes up for it im guessing?
Exactly, I forgot to mention that... which makes a new 5.0 a bargain IMHO... but cars didn't focus on luxuries back then, especially on muscle cars... people who are old school look at all the new luxuries on these types of car as being silly

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I love our interior. I haven't really sat in many "luxury" cars but my premium feels like luxury to me and is better then most cars I've seen. It looks nice, leather, heated seats, ambient lighting, sync and all that fancy stuff. I think the quality is pretty good. Especially compared to my last car which was an 04 stang. In my case, a big step up!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I had a '68 way back in the day. Vinyl seats, "3 point" belts (actually 2 lap belts, one that went over your shoulder) no ac, no power options, no handling, no brakes (even with disc option) no power, even with a "5.0". It did have the soft-touch "safety" dash...with a rock-hard steel shaft plastic rim steering wheel between you and it :). still a fun car in its time though. Sure sounded good, at least.

This thing is another planet than that car, in every way. I'll take my chances on 20 years from now.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just like knowing our interior is going to last long time, it'd be nice to have it look same way as it does now 20-30 years from now

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
You're dreaming. Even a top end Merc won't last 20-30 years without showing some wear and tear.

You can do all you can to keep it looking good, there are survivor cars out there that still are pretty ok from days gone by. However, the day it looked its best will still likely be the day before you brought it home, unless you put it in a hermetically sealed bubble and never use it, which would be a sad fate for a car meant to be played with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts