Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
There is no possible way a $3k turbo system is any good if other reputable systems go for double if not more there is just no way. Say what you want but it's just not possible.....
Have you ever messed with one of there kits?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Call the owner he will also tell you why he doesn't charge as much as hellion and them. And by the way hellion is $$$ and the kit sucks. So price has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
826 Posts

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Call the owner he will also tell you why he doesn't charge as much as hellion and them. And by the way hellion is $$$ and the kit sucks. So price has nothing to do with it.
Nope but my local performance shop Kurgan Motorsports had one and said they basically had to build the kit from scratch because every part was complete ****...... Again say what you want but there is just no way in the world it's possible it's just not.

·
Registered
704 Posts

Going off truebluebullitt's and numerous others' threads about on3, I haven't seen a single good thing about them.
I'll give you that Hellion is garbage too, that's just the way life is, but I'm too cautious to buy an el cheapo kit from eBay especially with a guarantee that it will have issues. Looking at the eBay picture, it looks like some Chinese turbo made out of shiny plastic. Even Bob Kurgan, whose shop carried On3 kits, stopped carrying them because they're junk and the customer service is awful. A bit of google-fu turned up countless results with On3 issues in the modular 2v and even 4vs. VERY few worked properly or even came with all of the pieces. One fella tried to buy the pieces he was missing at his own expense but the owner wouldn't even sell him the parts. What's up with that?
It just has too many horror stories and people having to completely refabricate the entire piping assembly to make it fit. Not to mention that you might as well build it from the ground up if you're trying to attach it to an auto.
Pictures don't lie. Turbo headunits and piping should not be banging into the motor or frame.
You really do get what you pay for sometimes (Hellion excluded because they suck anyways).
HPP Motorsports is where it's at.

·
Registered
9,537 Posts
Going off truebluebullitt's and numerous others' threads about on3, I haven't seen a single good thing about them.
I'll give you that Hellion is garbage too, that's just the way life is, but I'm too cautious to buy an el cheapo kit from eBay especially with a guarantee that it will have issues. Looking at the eBay picture, it looks like some Chinese turbo made out of shiny plastic. Even Bob Kurgan, whose shop carried On3 kits, stopped carrying them because they're junk and the customer service is awful. A bit of google-fu turned up countless results with On3 issues in the modular 2v and even 4vs. VERY few worked properly or even came with all of the pieces. One fella tried to buy the pieces he was missing at his own expense but the owner wouldn't even sell him the parts. What's up with that?
It just has too many horror stories and people having to completely refabricate the entire piping assembly to make it fit. Not to mention that you might as well build it from the ground up if you're trying to attach it to an auto.
Pictures don't lie. Turbo headunits and piping should not be banging into the motor or frame.
I will let you know. Either next month or the One after. I am ordering there twin turbo kit for my 5.0. It will be $4,200. I will be running it with the bottle

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have never seen there 99-04 kits.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

In person
Then please don't say I'm wrong unless you have evidence of such.
For all I know, the S197 and new body style kits could be amazing, but I won't argue if someone says they suck because I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't do that

·
Registered
559 Posts
From what I've read, they look like a great deal, Until you get the packages and parts are missing and the parts they do send are not always the right ones. Seen several posts about them on this and other forums. Truebluebullitt can tell you about it lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts