Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticed when I burnout my passenger side tire only spins, I think it may be time for a rebuilt right?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Are you coming to a stop then doing it?

Try this
For instance at the track ( or street ), back up about 7 or 8 feet for good measure then do it. Both tires should now spin. Common problem I've found with the t-lok

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wc3john said:
Are you coming to a stop then doing it?

Try this
For instance at the track ( or street ), back up about 7 or 8 feet for good measure then do it. Both tires should now spin. Common problem I've found with the t-lok
Yeah I have been doing it at a complete stop, should i got to reverse then right to first and do it?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah I go to a complete stop then roll in reverse about 7-8 feet like said and do it then. Spin both tires no problem... I get a weird look from other guys at stoplights sometimes though lol

·
Registered
779 Posts
Lol your not a honda.. I used to only burn one tire.. only because One tire was better than the other .

get new tires or record your burnout so I can see if both tires are spinning

·
Registered
692 Posts
And how many miles do you have on your rear-end? Some T-Loks don't do it, but then again, they don't have 150000 miles on them either... Like mine

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 103k on this motor and I can go sideways like a champ too but idk man today was weird with it, I getting 3.73 gears soon along with a rebuild

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same problem, I was told to add some "friction modifier" to my rear end, or do a rebuild. Scared me a bit getting a little sideways at the strip!

·
Registered
470 Posts
waybad said:
I have the same problem, I was told to add some "friction modifier" to my rear end, or do a rebuild. Scared me a bit getting a little sideways at the strip!
Mine one legs it some times I noticed that tires and certain pavement makes a difference

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Mathew r Wright said:
Mine one legs it some times I noticed that tires and certain pavement makes a difference
I like to rap that sucker up in the rpm's then let loose that makes a difference...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mathew r Wright said:

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I like to rap that sucker up in the rpm's then let loose that makes a difference...
Road surface dose matter at the strip I put it in 1st roll forward a little hit the brake and gas and I get them both spinning with that rear end getting a little side ways , on the streets I can only one to spend most of the time it depends on the road type

1 - 12 of 12 Posts