Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 11-12 5.0 had any problems with burnouts and only one wheel spinning cause both my tires won't spin and this has just started recently, so if anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not here, both spin. It may be time for a visit to the dealer if still under warranty.
I did note on several of the test videos that the Shelby would consistently not spin both during tight cornering on a track. If you are making anything over stock power, you may be overpowering the friction clutches.
In my 88 5.0 I omitted the friction modifier and that made the rear clutches grab better.
Good luck

·
Registered
537 Posts
One pegged burn out. Usually means that the diff clutches are going out. Take it in see if they will cover. If they see evidence of racing or burn outs you might be screwed.

Yeah... because EVERYONE buys a Mustang to drive casually to the grocery store. You would think Ford would encourage such behavior... I mean on their app you can add burnouts and tire smoke.:rolleyes:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
M3to5.0 said:
Yeah... because EVERYONE buys a Mustang to drive casually to the grocery store. You would think Ford would encourage such behavior... I mean on their app you can add burnouts and tire smoke.:rolleyes:
+1 they give you 400hp and 200hp worth of traction lol I drive mine very casual but still like to slap it around from time to time..

If they say anything about burn outs I would throw the app all in their face like wtf!?!? Lmfao

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Really? Yes cause an app is going to help you win. They will simply say teh car was not meant to be doing big burn outs. That is why they make Detroit True Traks and Spools.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I guess it comes down to this.

If you can't afford to pay for something if it breaks drive the car with some since. Like a regular car. Meaning no drag racing etc. Why should ford cover it for you racing it and breaking it? Same goes for modding the car. If you mod it why should Ford cover it when it breaks? Blows the engine or tranny or anything for that fact.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
Really? Yes cause an app is going to help you win. They will simply say teh car was not meant to be doing big burn outs. That is why they make Detroit True Traks and Spools.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I guess it comes down to this.

If you can't afford to pay for something if it breaks drive the car with some since. Like a regular car. Meaning no drag racing etc. Why should ford cover it for you racing it and breaking it? Same goes for modding the car. If you mod it why should Ford cover it when it breaks? Blows the engine or tranny or anything for that fact.
Calm down dude it was a joke.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
20115oh said:
Has anyone with a 11-12 5.0 had any problems with burnouts and only one wheel spinning cause both my tires won't spin and this has just started recently, so if anyone could help me I would appreciate it.
How many miles on the car?

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Would Trac control cause this?
I'm no expert but from what I've researched, Traction Control senses when one wheel is slipping and applies the brake to the slipping wheel and more power to the other wheel that has traction so it can dig you out of mess. ( not sure if that is exactly how it works, but it sure has helped me on the ice.)

So I came to a conclusion that is likely one of many causes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
20115oh said:
That sucks, ain't nothin cool about a 5.0 with one wheel peel! I had same problem with my 89, turned out it was bad posi.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First off who said I didn't have the money to fix it boss you come on every post someone does and you think you know everything I was just asking if anyone has had a similar problem don't hop on my **** if your gonna cause problems. My car has 16,700 miles on her so im not sure what's wrong cause it drives fine so I'm guessing it's the clutches in the rear.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

And nah didn't have traction control on I had advance trac off and I apologize to everyone on this thread for cursing except for mister know it all cause it's rude to automatically judge someone.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Hmmmm...
It's been quite a while since I've done a burnout! Maybe a year or so?
I might have to light em up, to be sure everything is still working, for good measure. :D

Seriously though, try jacking up the rear. Put it in neutral and spin your tires. If they don't spin in the same direction, you've got a problem.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
First off who said I didn't have the money to fix it boss you come on every post someone does and you think you know everything I was just asking if anyone has had a similar problem don't hop on my **** if your gonna cause problems. My car has 16,700 miles on her so im not sure what's wrong cause it drives fine so I'm guessing it's the clutches in the rear.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

And nah didn't have traction control on I had advance trac off and I apologize to everyone on this thread for cursing except for mister know it all cause it's rude to automatically judge someone.
Who are you talking to?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
20115oh said:

With those miles you should have ant issues burn outs or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts