Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver door handle needs to be pulled twice to open the door after unlocking. I researched it and apparently a few ppl had this problem. And my transmission (manual) is extremely notchy. Mainly reverse and 1st. There was a tsb for this. Fix is synthetic. Taking it in on Monday. If they dont fix it because of my aftermarket intake and axle back exhaust I'm going to go ape **** on someone.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Intake and exhaust can in no way affect your door handle or your transition feel. If they say anything tell them that by law they will have to prove that your issues were caused by your modifications before they can void your warranty and you would be happy to contact your lawyer if needed. 90% of the time, it's not worth there hassle and they just fix the issue. At most, a letter from your lawyer will show your serious, there not going to create this huge stink over something so simple.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just had mine in for notchy feel and they said it is the style of transmission. I have documentation of this, I can't wait to use it against then when I need new synchros or a rebuild. Good luck!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just had mine in for notchy feel and they said it is the style of transmission. I have documentation of this, I can't wait to use it against then when I need new synchros or a rebuild. Good luck!
Nicely done... not the typical method, but effective :banana:

·
Registered
371 Posts
By the time you need new schyncros or a new transmission your warranty will be up :-( tricky automakers

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
That's not too bad. Tranny was the same way. It got better but then when I took it in for service they changed out the fluid anyway.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they don't change the fluid ill just do it myself. That ain't too hard to do. But i am not tearing apart my door on a car with a few hundred miles!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
No way. You shouldn't have to. My F150 had 25K miles and my rear passenger door window got stuck about two inches from being rolled up. I took it in and they took care of it. It took two days to get the part but it didn't cost me anything. They even loaned me another truck while mine was down.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I whent to a different service adviser, got them to upgrade my service to full synthetic for free. Also, have the extended 101kmi premium care warranty since I'm currently driving 33kmi a year, so no worries for now.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
It's under warranty. Take it in, and be sure you get a paper copy of every repair done during it's warranty. You have a bumper to bumper 36K warranty, then a 50K drivetrain warranty. Use it!

Again, be sure you have all copies of paperwork for warranty work. If a same fault happens again after warranty, you have a strong chance of having it covered after the initial warranty expires if you have the documented proof that you have had it repaired before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts