Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did ford put in limited slips in the new mustangs ? I have been reading on this site that v6 mustangs dont have limited slips. any way I got my car about a month ago and i did a power brake and i left rubber and smoke on bother tires. It was pretty cool and it really impressed my friends. but can anyone explan to me whats going on. thanks for any insight

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yes, you have an open differential. with enough force, the other wheel just starts to spin anyway due to rotational mass from the other axle and the spinning carrier.

i bet if you did a 50' burnout (pretty hard to do in a not heavily modded car) w/o the t-lock, the left side would not appear til about 20' into it or so

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, im saying that eventually the left side will start to spin just because of the spinning differential

EDIT: if you really want to make sure, put it up on jack stands, and press the gas. youll see the driverside wheel standing still

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Put the rear end on jackstands turn one wheel by hand ( WITH THE ENGINE OFF) and if the other wheel spins the opposite direction you have open differentials if the other tire spins the same direction it is Tloc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts