Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Opinion/Thoughts anyone?

4K views 96 replies 29 participants last post by  1slosix 
#1 ·
So, out of curiosity. Just wanna hear people's opinions. I love my Mustang more than anything. But I do have stickers on it, and I do have interior accesories. No modifications, mostly because my parents won't let me... So sometimes, I feel really insecure about my car. Tons of people have such better Mustangs, and it's torture. Lol. Anyone understand where I'm coming from? Ha.

#3 ·
My parents won't allow me to get a V8. So that already sucks. Haha. And I am trying to spend some money I get for Christmas on some mods but my parents will only let me get certain meaningless mods and are even trying to talk me out of it. I'm kinda stuck.

#6 ·
They already said exhaust and all that stuff is outta the question. They will only let me get certain EXTERIOR mods. Which sucks even worse. It'd be nice if my car SOUNDED good versus looking cooler. Lol.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Thank you. :) I appreciate it.

#11 ·
Dad says if we ever have to get rid of it, mods make the value go down. And he doesn't like mods. He keeps saying he doesn't want mods on his car. And it's not his car... Basically he's strict on the subject. Lol.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I'd say to hell with the stickers. If anyone hassles you about it you just tell them you like the clean stock look. As for mods for the exterior id say save your money for real mods for your next car. You will be amazed how quickly you can build up a little nestegg by just setting aside a little money. Then, if you can, get it in the bank and generating interest. At one point I was making 100/Mo in guaranteed interest. I make way more playing stocks now but hell why not? Even now I have a jar that i dump change into or stuff a 20 into whenever I'm responsible with my money. Since late October I've saved up 600$ and its all marked for mods.
That's actually a great idea. So do you think I should rid of the stickers? I have a few car club and car meet related stickers on there too though.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

I'd say to hell with the stickers. If anyone hassles you about it you just tell them you like the clean stock look. As for mods for the exterior id say save your money for real mods for your next car. You will be amazed how quickly you can build up a little nestegg by just setting aside a little money. Then, if you can, get it in the bank and generating interest. At one point I was making 100/Mo in guaranteed interest. I make way more playing stocks now but hell why not? Even now I have a jar that i dump change into or stuff a 20 into whenever I'm responsible with my money. Since late October I've saved up 600$ and its all marked for mods.
That's actually a great idea. So do you think I should rid of the stickers? I have a few car club and car meet related stickers on there too though.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Dumb phone posted it twice.

#10 ·

#12 ·
No ones Mustang is better than yours:eek:...You own a Mustang that puts you ahead of the pack. I saw your pics and your Stang is beautiful I personally love it. I had a 71 Super Beetle Vert and she was rusted up (ahem patena) but I though she was the most beautiful Beetle on earth. I took her to car shows and she just sputtered :lmao:at the rest of them. Usually had to push her off afterwords but....I loved her and that's all that mattered. People use to point when I drove by only because she was so beautiful.

#17 ·
My apologies to the Stang....He's just pretty enough to ne a girl;)

I wonder where the idea came from for vehicles to be female? Because they are AWESOME?????? My VW was a female her name was FeeBee. My Stangs name is WhiteLightening which could be male or female.....Gender frendly.

He/She goes both ways:lmao::lmao::lmao:

#18 ·
My apologies to the Stang....He's just pretty enough to ne a girl;)

I wonder where the idea came from for vehicles to be female? Because they are AWESOME?????? My VW was a female her name was FeeBee. My Stangs name is WhiteLightening which could be male or female.....Gender frendly.

He/She goes both ways:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I know, me too! To me, since I am attached to my car, it makes more sense for me for it to be male, I guess. I named him after my hero, plus it's a simple name. I know a lot of stock mustangs are named just simple things. Lol.

#20 ·
Don't fret, my parents were the same way. When I moved out on my own and bought my own vehicles there was nothing up for debate.

Btw, I actually got 2k over market value on my v6 when I sold it because of the mods...

#22 ·
Yeah, I'm ready to move out and be able to put stuff on my car without permission.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

did your parents buy the car or did you? if they did and they don't want mods just save your money till you own it...or buy your own mustang. just don't get discouraged..when i was younger i wasn't allowed to mod my car at the time. so i did it anyways...easier to ask for forgiveness then permission :p
We got it on an even trade. No money paid. And yeah, once I'm able to, and I save up money, I'm putting stuff on the car. Lol. Might be able to get something with christmas money. Haha.

#21 ·
did your parents buy the car or did you? if they did and they don't want mods just save your money till you own it...or buy your own mustang. just don't get discouraged..when i was younger i wasn't allowed to mod my car at the time. so i did it anyways...easier to ask for forgiveness then permission :p

#29 ·
...when i was younger i wasn't allowed to mod my car at the time. so i did it anyways...easier to ask for forgiveness then permission :p
slosix, I hope your kidding because that's horrible advise. :(

As a parent myself, this would a great way to lose the trust of your parents.

OP, you are already doing the most important thing, loving your ride. It's all about how YOU want your ride to look, sound, and perform. Since there are some things you can't do yet, try to focus on the things you can do. Also, try to save a little money along the way. You'll have a well kept great looking Mustang. You never know, when your parents see how you take care of your car, they may change their minds in what they allow you to do. :good:

#23 ·
i just got my 05 GT about a month ago i payed for it myself and my parents dont want me to mod my car performance wise. i just look at it as better MPG and less wear on the engine. the only "performance" mods ive done was a axle-back exhaust and other then that i dont plan on modding my car other then the appearance and a new sound system... for now lol.

#26 ·
At least you have a nice car, there's many people in this world that can't afford to put gas into a car. I think you have a nice car, I respect any model car as long as the owner shows their car respect. I can't stand people that treat their car like crap it drivers me crazy, as far as the stickers go its your car if you want stickers on it then do it! It's what you like not everyone else, I have a couple stickers on mine cause I liked them. What makes modding cars so great is so many people have so many styles it would be so boring if we all liked the same thing.

#31 ·
You might not be able to put mods on it but look at it this way, you're young and you drive a stang. Your car is already cooler than most of the ones your friends drive. Since you say you're a Mustang girl and wish you had a V8 already you're definitely going to want to get a GT down the road. So I think it'd be best to leave Little Red as it is and start saving for a GT because that in itself is one hell of a "mod".

#33 ·
Thanks, I totally understand what you're saying. I feel pretty darn lucky right about now. I appreciate what you said. And I can't wait to get a GT down the road. Lol.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I agree with them! Just have fun with it now and wait till later! This way you don't have to give your dad a hernia either lol. Haha your car is beautiful ...
Hahaha that is true. And thank you. :) And I've seens yours. Your car is beautiful too by the way.

#40 ·
U could buy wheels? Would make a world of difference

#42 ·
Nate98stang said:
U could buy wheels? Would make a world of difference
+1

#46 ·
Not a fan of chrome on red but she might be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.