Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased this 89 gt and decided to stick with an all ford streetcar setup insted of the sbc swap i've had in my two other fox body mustangs. This car was bought for that reason but was so clean and mechanically sound i would hate to do that this time. It already has a hurst short shift kit , 3.73 geared rear, but motor seems to be all stock. I want to do more of a factory upgraded setup on the motor like a cobra top end or similar. Any ideas or opinions on what i should change or purchase ??

·
Registered
493 Posts
gt40 (3 bar) heads from a 96-97 1/2 explorer and a cobra, gt40, or tubular intake. Explorer 65mm throttle body and an MAF from a 94-95 mustang. Junkyard heaven!;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I meant to say that. Lol. The only reason I wanted to stay away from them is because I just bought new BBK LTs and didn't want to give them up.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I meant to say that. Lol. The only reason I wanted to stay away from them is because I just bought new BBK LTs and didn't want to give them up.
You don't have to give them up for P heads. I'm running BBK shorties which have less clearance than LT headers.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Really? I was told that you have to have special headers. P heads are definetly a bang for your buck upgrade!
Yessir, it's a little tight but manageable if you have patience. Also I have to in hook the driver side header to remove one plug but I've read in several places that a modified spark plug wrench works with the long tubes and some shorties. A couple 90* plugs and heat sleeves and you should be good to go. :good:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts