Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the 2 eyed look but I love lighting up all 4 lights at night. And I think it would look really nice on my white GT/CS (old photo attached) but just want some opinions before I pull the trigger. I want to black out the hidden fogs to make it blend with the black grille and I'd probably add a tri-bar pony emblem. I also plan on doing the GT500 front splitter (like in the bottom car's photos) but I want to focus on the grille first. I dont think I would move the fog lights closer to each other like in the attached photo though (courtesy and thanks to the people who posted these photos of their cars in the first place).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The black out would look awesome on yours for sure. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I really like the 2 eyed look but I love lighting up all 4 lights at night. And I think it would look really nice on my white GT/CS (old photo attached) but just want some opinions before I pull the trigger. I want to black out the hidden fogs to make it blend with the black grille and I'd probably add a tri-bar pony emblem. I also plan on doing the GT500 front splitter (like in the bottom car's photos) but I want to focus on the grille first. I dont think I would move the fog lights closer to each other like in the attached photo though (courtesy and thanks to the people who posted these photos of their cars in the first place).
i say go for it! i love the way that roush's front end looks. I like how the fog lights are hidden during the day behind a good looking grille. but at night, BAM!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice Stang!! I think it would look awesome especially on a white Mustang! I've not paid to much attention to it until just now.
I think l may have to do that to my pony! It would give it a whole new look! It would look sick!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm think I'm going to order it today! :D My only concern is the brightness of the fogs, but I think I might install HID fogs one day to compensate for the black out fogs lamps.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm think I'm going to order it today! :D My only concern is the brightness of the fogs, but I think I might install HID fogs one day to compensate for the black out fogs lamps.
I tinted my fog lights. I like the look a lot, but not near as bright as before. I think the look is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I still have some blackout tints that I'd used on my fog lights before I went with a bullitt grille and got rid of them - I like the look blacked out way better than having the fogs stand out in the grille

Previously:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly! I plan on blacking the hell out of them though, just like the black Mustang in the photo I attached on my first post. Just ordered the grille! :D

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Exactly! I plan on blacking the hell out of them though, just like the black Mustang in the photo I attached on my first post. Just ordered the grille! :D
That's very cool if you want to keep the fogs for night driving! Personally I don't feel a need for that based on all the street lights around / I don't drive my car that often at night (except home from the track) etc I dropped my factory grille for a bullitt grille minus the fogs and am very happy with it, no outlines, no nothing.. just gone :) - Here's my grille now:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well technically I am doing my own thing considering no one around here has a GT/CS with the hidden fogs. :D I'm trying to separate it from the other GT/CS mustangs around here and I think this'll do it. The front splitter that I want just looks sportier to me, and that black GT in the picture just happens to have both the splitter and the grille I want. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I ordered from DG customs, who makes the hidden fog light grille but I ordered it on the 27th of DECEMBER and still haven't gotten it, nor have I gotten a shipping order. They billed us on the 31st for $174.95 but never gave me a shipping order or anything else. I emailed them, no response. I called them, their phones were down for whatever reason. I'm not even sure if I want to hide my fogs anymore if I'm paying around $175 for nothing. If anything, get it from another website. It's still DG customs who makes the grille, but I've seen retailers like Stage 3 Motorsports have them for like $180. Another place has it for $200, and I would rather pay that than to pay $175 with no idea when/if I'm getting the damned thing.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I want put a Gt bumper on my 2012 v6, then put a new grille with fog lights behind. I know i will probably have to make custom brackets though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts