Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in NJ..tinting front passenger/driver window any % is illegal..well I'm getting fed up with the no tint look and think I'm gonna bite the bullet next week and do it...now obviously I can't go too dark on the front windows or I will be pulled over every damn day, and I don't wanna go to light to where you barely notice it's tinted, any opinions on what % to go on the driver and pass window? Also I plan on just going almost as dark as possible in my rear quarter windows, and pretty dark on my back window, any opinions on a very dark back window? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Here is the New Jersey Law. Go darker and that will give any police officer probable cause to pull you over.

New Jersey Window Tint Law - WindowTint.com

*** Please be aware the NJ DMV Inspection Stations use a widow film meter to test the window film during your cars inspection. If these guidelines are not followed you car will FAIL THE INSPECTION.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its all a shot in the dark thing man here in Wyoming our legal tint is anything higher than 28% well i went out and got 15% tint and have been pulled over twice (for speeding) and neither cop has said anything about my tint. I dont know how strict your cops are but they are to worried about tint here.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the New Jersey Law. Go darker and that will give any police officer probable cause to pull you over.

New Jersey Window Tint Law - WindowTint.com

*** Please be aware the NJ DMV Inspection Stations use a widow film meter to test the window film during your cars inspection. If these guidelines are not followed you car will FAIL THE INSPECTION.
SUCH A DOWNER!!!!!!!! I thought inspection in Nj is just for emissions now?..I could have swore I read that on a sign in the DMV recently

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts