Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 mustang gt

Put new dizzy, MAF, PIP, TFI, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter and pump in it all in the last couple months

Before you could drive it when the weather was colder and it would drive fine but when it started warming up you could drive and as soon as you came to a stop it would "miss" and run like crap. So I change all the above before winter hit and it seemed to help but still had a miss when you was driving but it was a slight miss and then it would go away. Drive it to work this morning (it's about 66 degrees) and as soon as I put it in park it starts idling erratically and then dies. Try to start it again and nothing at all. Sit for about 30min and start it then it will run for a min or two the dies again.

Any help would be appreciated I'm stuck on this one. After it sits all day I guarantee it will fire right up cuz this is what it did a while back

·
Registered
861 Posts
Check, timing (never hurts and is easy), fuel filter? Are you losing coolant at all?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

EGR, is that still present?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Timing is ok, coolant is fine and yes the EGR Is still present. Fuel filter isn't even a month old

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a really late reply but come to find out my fuel pump was bad!.....the pump was getting hot and vapor locking in a way....it would sent air but no fuel. Put the BBK 255 in it and I haven't had a problem since. Besides having to change the pressure regulator because the pump blew the stock one up..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts