Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the latest if you run a O/R-X in N.C.?? With rear 02's off of course. What is guys doing to passing inspection? I do not have to worry on visual( GOT THAT COVERED). Just wondering if any tricks that are true answers to pass inspection. I ran UPR O/R-X with cam tune but with the idea of switching back to my catted X and swapping tune..... just got nuts, Not worth it if you gotta do all that work every year to pass. Surely there is a way.
Also I have heard a few run the cam tune (not concerned about running it) with cats. How is that and does it throw codes. I would think that will not last long. I know its gotta be quiet. I loved the power gain from my O/R X and even the sound of my cam tune thru Borla "S" but its not nearly as sweet as my "S" catback w/ Catted X. Sweet music at any RPM. The UPR added.... was sweet idle and good power,but raspy and almost ricey. ME Not likie! Was race car loud,which was not to big a deal, so thats cool. I would consider going back to O/R X again if not for #1 inspection (any ideas??) and #2 want the nice well heard sound at idle but want good or wait actually great sound at any RPM through-out the pulls and normal driving. Open to what people know. I would be hard pressed to sell my "S" axlebacks unless I found a awesome combo as sweet and could get around inspects without swapping out underneath to pass. Anyway whats up these days. Been gone a month on performance stuff lately. Had to lower and do lots of susp. mods. Happy wid that. FEEDBACK from N.C. Stangs or Facts please. THANKS

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well this tells me what I thought. STILL no resolve for us NC stangs! LOL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts