Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2013 v6 red candy with the 101a package...8 weeks ago. I keep contacting my dealer and he finally got back to me saying "we just found it, it will be ready in 6 weeks due to allocations"... Wtf?! He told me 4-6 weeks originally. I'd understand if it was a special mustang with lots of options... But it's pretty damn basic. Is 13-14 weeks normal?!? How long did you guys wait?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ford Assembly Plant Employees Take Extended Smoke/Lunch Breaks.

Hey i ordered my 2013, on August 17, and its estimated arrival is October 22. So i think thats 66 days give or take. They told me it would be no longer than 60 days, so i guess i cant complain. You can ask for the Vin number and you can then track it. Your dealer should get updates every monday. I can see mine is on a train out of michigan right now heading across Canada. And i custom ordered just about everything i could on mine too. Good luck! I understand the agonizing wait your going through.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yea. I was just on the phone with them this morning. Ive been waiting) weeks and deysha on allmustangsford forums and they said it was supposed to b here lastfriday. Now I heard that it arrived inPA and I'm in nj. They said they r waiting to fill the truck. Bs. I hope it's not your situation. Sorry

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Flashjmg said:
Yea. I was just on the phone with them this morning. Ive been waiting) weeks and deysha on allmustangsford forums and they said it was supposed to b here lastfriday. Now I heard that it arrived inPA and I'm in nj. They said they r waiting to fill the truck. Bs. I hope it's not your situation. Sorry
6 weeks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there is no Vin yet, just a partial. The status is "clean order" or something. Actually I got a call an hour ago from them telling me they are gunna start building my car Thursday. What have they been doing for 8 weeks?!?!?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Dub9stang said:
Well there is no Vin yet, just a partial. The status is "clean order" or something. Actually I got a call an hour ago from them telling me they are gunna start building my car Thursday. What have they been doing for 8 weeks?!?!?
Waiting in line?

The dealer just wanted to keep your business. I got mine 24 hours after I ordered it. Told my guy what I wanted, he had a guy go to Detroit and drive it back down. 5 miles and the road trip on her when I got it.

But it was one of the last 2012s, got it in Late May early June.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I ordered my car on September 18th, and as of a couple days ago I have an ETA of October 14th. I highly doubt it'll actually arrive on the ETA, but I'm hoping for the week after at the latest.

My order is fairly standard. It's a Sterling Grey 6MT V6 Premium with Pony Package, and Comfort Package.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Dub, your dealer flat out lied to you. Dealers are given a certain number of vehicles they can order aka allocations. Apparently they took your order without having enough allocations or... they did at the time but put people buying more expensive packages ahead of you and took your slot. Either way, they screwed you over.

Ford issues a VIN within about 1 week of the car being accepted to produced. From then it takes about 4-6 weeks, however your location in the country can extend this time frame due to how they ship it by either truck or rail (rail takes longer). It took me a 4 weeks and 3 days to get my ordered car.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sanguin said:
Dub, your dealer flat out lied to you. Dealers are given a certain number of vehicles they can order aka allocations. Apparently they took your order without having enough allocations or... they did at the time but put people buying more expensive packages ahead of you and took your slot. Either way, they screwed you over.

Ford issues a VIN within about 1 week of the car being accepted to produced. From then it takes about 4-6 weeks, however your location in the country can extend this time frame due to how they ship it by either truck or rail (rail takes longer). It took me a 4 weeks and 3 days to get my ordered car.
Damn I don't even have a vin yet... I wanna try to get something free like tint or side window louvers or something... But I doubt that'll happen

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
So then you didn't really order it, the dealer found one in stock and went and got it? That's different than actually ordering it and it being built.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NewMtang said:
So then you didn't really order it, the dealer found one in stock and went and got it? That's different than actually ordering it and it being built.
They started building it on Thursday. It's an order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts