Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...now the wait begins to get them installed. I spoke with a tech at Borla before I ordered. He of course gave the nod to the borla s type but admitted they sound almost identical. He said the S type was about 4 weeks, so I went ahead and ordered the FRPP from American Muscle.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have them and lovem!

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
BIGHOSS5.0 said:
What do you guys think of the Flo Master Outlaws? I was looking at getting those, they seem to be reasonably priced and I had Flo Masters on several of my past Mustangs...
From the looks of how there built, they should sound good with the cats on. Remove the cats and you probably won't like the obnoxious volume, will more than likly be very raspy.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Buy the Roush and NO DRONE.
I like the Roush...But he is just a little to proud of his stuff $$$

From the looks of how there built, they should sound good with the cats on. Remove the cats and you probably won't like the obnoxious volume, will more than likly be very raspy.
I don't plan on removing the cats anytime soon....I just want it to sound like I have a V8...:D

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,876 Posts
...now the wait begins to get them installed. I spoke with a tech at Borla before I ordered. He of course gave the nod to the borla s type but admitted they sound almost identical. He said the S type was about 4 weeks, so I went ahead and ordered the FRPP from American Muscle.
They're a very similar design for sure! You're going to love the FRPP Exhaust. Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Roush isn't that bad, flowmaster hushpower was outrageous as far as drone, trust me roush has drone but is liveable, I drove 1800 miles to Florida and back with them
Lol guess it depends on who you are, I couldn't stand it. The drone was so bad I couldn't have conversations with other people in the car. If you are driving on a flat road or slight downhill they were not super bad. If you have to drive up hills at all at highway speed you will hate the drone.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
Lol guess it depends on who you are, I couldn't stand it. The drone was so bad I couldn't have conversations with other people in the car. If you are driving on a flat road or slight downhill they were not super bad. If you have to drive up hills at all at highway speed you will hate the drone.
I drove thought mountains in Tennessee, I guess it's relative, if you'd ever heard my hushpowers then moved to the roush you would agree that it's "liveable" haha

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I drove thought mountains in Tennessee, I guess it's relative, if you'd ever heard my hushpowers then moved to the roush you would agree that it's "liveable" haha
Yeah I can see that haha. For me the heacaches, not being able to listen to my radio at all for my 40 min drive too and from work and having people in the car complain and not being able to talk to then without yelling, they had to go.

Then same as you are saying, going from that to it being quiet at all RPM ranges in terms of drone, being able to hear the radio, people going in my car again, and not having to yell at people, while still having an exhaust that is just as loud as they roush.

That is why I push the borla so hard :). If I had known the roush were gonna be that way without cats I would have never got them in the first place and saved the little extra for the Borlas.

Also there are a few people on here who say there is no drone with the roush when the cats are removed, and regardless of your tolerance that is a lie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What do you guys think of the Flo Master Outlaws? I was looking at getting those, they seem to be reasonably priced and I had Flo Masters on several of my past Mustangs and liked them...
They are very deep and have a loud tone to them but they drone. I have the roush and they are a little louder at WOT compared to the outalaws because of the rasp. I love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts