Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
zim....for not much more you can go with 285/40's on the back. i plan to put 285's on all four of my 17x9" wheels. i want the extra little bulge to protect from curb dammage.

· Premium Member
4,453 Posts
ZimStang said:
nope... im careful when i drive ;) Ive got no curb rash on mine now that ive had for 4 years..
i can see it now...driving away from puttin them on scratchhhhhhhh..knock on wood

· Registered
238 Posts
i had 275's on 17/10.5's. and it looks HORRIBLE, they turn in soo much its rediculous no to mention the fact that anything that goes near your wheel WILL hit the rim. i am laying down the law. AT LEAST 305's, i am one to let a person do as they deem fit .. but the tires dont fit so dont do it you WILL regret it sooooo much you have no idea. i will get a picture to post for you . its UGLY.

· Registered
238 Posts
ok well im not smart enough to get a picture in here. new to message boards. let me know if you wanna see what it looks like. ill send you the picture. its really the worst decision you will ever make. 315's all the way

· Premium Member
2013 GT Track-Pack
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thirstymate said:
ok well im not smart enough to get a picture in here. new to message boards. let me know if you wanna see what it looks like. ill send you the picture. its really the worst decision you will ever make. 315's all the way
to post pics go down and click manage attachments, then select what you want to upload.

I really do not want 315s on my car. The 275 wide tires are ok for up to an 11 inch rim. I wouldnt mind doin 285s on the rear, but jesus christ i look at evans new tires and theyre just way bigger than i want. I like fat tires but i dont want them hangin out lookin like ive got a v10 under the hood to utilize all the rubber. Its just too much for my slow v6

· Premium Member
2013 GT Track-Pack
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
the reason i staggered the rim sizes was because they dont do the deep dish on the 9 inch wide ones... only the 10" wide. I already upgraded to 18s because i didnt want the 17x10.5... id rather have 18x10 (18s will look sweeter anyway) Ill probly put like a 285 on the rear, and 275s up front

· Premium Member
36,639 Posts
well a 275 will look very out of place and narror on a 10 wide rim true a 315 tire is VERY wide....but look at the over lap he has on those 10 inch rims its VERY little a 305 woudl barly cover the rim lip you will be sorry if you dotn get at least 305's

· Registered
238 Posts
thanks for the help heres a 275 on a 10.5 rim. if you look at the ground you can see how far in the tread actually is from the rim. also this is half on a curb half not ..and this side is on the curb so the tire should be slightly pushed out.. just to enphasize how horrible these looked

Attachments

· Registered
238 Posts
also i dont know if you happened to read my other post if you put 275's on the front .. im not sure how similar to my front suspension yours is(2001) but i had pretty bad rubbing on my sway bars, a 7/32 spacer fixed enough to live with

· Premium Member
2013 GT Track-Pack
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
thats a 1/2 inch wider rim than what im getting though. With 275/40/18s i get 10.4 inches of tread... i dont see where im goin wrong with that

· Premium Member
2013 GT Track-Pack
12,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
its not about the money... its about the fact that 12.4 inches of rubber on each wheel is fuckin rediculous. Ill get 295s... but i dont want an extra inch on each tire. My car wont move if i go much bigger... theyll weight too freakin much.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.