Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm super stoked, ordered a 2019 GT 10r80 Mustang.
Race red, 301a, performance pack 1, active exhaust and magnaride.
I was going to jump on a discounted 18 that didn't have everything that I wanted but decided to wait the 8 weeks for delivery on a 19 to get the one I wanted.
After test driving a 18 10r80 it was a done deal over the MT82. That thing shifts so damn fast!
Now it's just the LONG 8 week wait.....

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!

8 weeks it the same as 40 Biblical days......it'll be a while, we really don't know how long. 8 weeks sounds a lot better than 2-3 months

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!
Yeah 8 weeks sounds a lot better than 2-3 months, or 60-90 days, or 1440hrs to 2100 hrs lol.
They told me between 8-10 weeks, that was last Thursday when it was ordered.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx!
From what I could tell it wasn't anything substantial, like a couple hundred bucks from the 18s.
I got employee pricing which I couldn't pass up, along with a 1k Costco discount and a $500 manufacturer's discount.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
back in the day I was told 8 weeks.......If I remember correctly it was 13.

Race Red is the fastest color...not sure what I would get, I do like the Yellow. My current black is as bad as I imagined. Got a great deal on the year end model I wanted but least fav color. At least it's only a VW so I'm not obsessing with keeping it clean. I did just swap out my black mirror caps for bright red ones.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww Mud don't tell me that,
I have the 20th of September circled on my calendar lol.
I was torn between race red, orange fury and magnetic grey.
I think the triple yellow is gone for 19.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Crazy, isn't it?
It only takes them about 20 man hours to build the car in the first place!
Your car is probably already completed, and sitting in a giant lot behind the plant, just waiting to be delivered. :lol:

Congrats FF! :)
I think that you will be happy with the 10 speed transmission. It will be nice to hear your impression of the car after you have had some time to get acquainted.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks man,
Yeah that is crazy, 20 hrs only. But I guess I'm at the back of the line. As long as it comes by November Its good.
I was really leaning towards the 6 speed again but with all the problems people seem to be having with them and how surprisingly good the 10 speed was it seemed like a no brainer.
It's like Ford took 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.
The longer gear ratios in the new/revised MT82 combined with the aluminium shift forks killed it for me.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
For my 2017 I was told 8 weeks, and I got mine in like 6 weeks. I think they might have used one of their allocations that was already in the system and modified it or something though.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Nice, the 2018+ cars are complete monsters, specifically the autos.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TBH I'm a little worried about all the apparent engine issues people seem to be having, specifically the piston slap/bbq sound.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,158 Posts
Congrats! How much more would a Bullitt have been? If I was buying a new one, I think that's the route I'd go (not saying you should have lol). I know the GT350's are a lot more than the GT's, as well as the GT500 when it comes out. I was curious.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks!
Yeah the Bullit starts at 58875 here in Quebec!!!
Gt starts at 37861.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I ordered a 2018 GT and it took closer to 3 months than 2 but it was worth the wait. The 10r80 is fantastic and I have not had any issues with the engine with 4,500 miles on it now. Only thing I would suggest is the 401A package, I went back and forth on it but finally ordered it and I love the electronic dash. This car is so much fun to drive that I look forward to going places every day. The only problem is trying to keep it around the speed limit as it is a beast and you want to accelerate through the gears every time start from a dead stop. So far no tickets but it is a struggle to keep it reined in every time I drive it. I had the MT82 in my 2011 and 2012 Mustangs and both of them were almost junk, just like the redesigned MT82. I drove the 6-speed before buying the automatic and I was not impressed and opted for the 10r80 which for me was the correct decision. If Ford gave us the option to order a Tremec transmission I would have spent another $1K or so to get it but they have their heads up their asses.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Bullitt is almost $60k... well $60k in Nucker monies... still a lot. The base model GT with the Auto is a complete monster right off the factory floor, 0 reason to get a Bullitt except style points. 0 reason to get a GT350 at all unless you just want one to have one...

Can also probably find a 15-17 Gen2 Coyote for cheap with the 6R, throw a CJ intake and swap intake cams, bolt ons, tune... but you still wouldn't make any more power than a 18+ with literally headers and a tune.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I ordered a 2018 GT and it took closer to 3 months than 2 but it was worth the wait. The 10r80 is fantastic and I have not had any issues with the engine with 4,500 miles on it now. Only thing I would suggest is the 401A package, I went back and forth on it but finally ordered it and I love the electronic dash. This car is so much fun to drive that I look forward to going places every day. The only problem is trying to keep it around the speed limit as it is a beast and you want to accelerate through the gears every time start from a dead stop. So far no tickets but it is a struggle to keep it reined in every time I drive it. I had the MT82 in my 2011 and 2012 Mustangs and both of them were almost junk, just like the redesigned MT82. I drove the 6-speed before buying the automatic and I was not impressed and opted for the 10r80 which for me was the correct decision. If Ford gave us the option to order a Tremec transmission I would have spent another $1K or so to get it but they have their heads up their asses.
I really love that digital dash, but Ford put it behind a too high of a pay wall to get it.
The upgrade of 5k to the premium and then a 2k upgrade to the 401a for us up here. It's really an amazing piece of tech, but I wish it was an option on the base.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts