Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bullitt is almost $60k... well $60k in Nucker monies... still a lot. The base model GT with the Auto is a complete monster right off the factory floor, 0 reason to get a Bullitt except style points. 0 reason to get a GT350 at all unless you just want one to have one...

Can also probably find a 15-17 Gen2 Coyote for cheap with the 6R, throw a CJ intake and swap intake cams, bolt ons, tune... but you still wouldn't make any more power than a 18+ with literally headers and a tune.
That 10r80 is leaps above the 6r80 it replaces. When you get back home you gotta take one out for a test drive. I'm a manual guy, but after driving that 18 auto it was a no brainer.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

·
Super Moderator
17,856 Posts
I can order one here and drive it here. But I love having no car payment and there is no way in hell I'd get a 2018 with the parking situation I have now.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
8 weeks, still nothing. Been going back and forth with my dealer a Ford Canada with little progress. Its now coming up on 9 weeks since order date and my dealer said yesterday that he will have an ETA by this Thursday.
My God does this take forever!!
Has anyone here ordered their car and if so do you remember roughly how long it took from order date to delivery date?

·
Lorraine's driver
8,185 Posts
People always used to tell me that dealerships hated selling cars this way. They would always say that the dealerships would purposely put them at the bottom of the the to-do list because the car was basically already sold. They don't like spending time on anything that they won't make any more money on. I've always kinda felt like what they were saying had some truth to it lol.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
8 weeks = 14 weeks were my numbers. but that was 7 yrs ago. I remember it feeling like forever.
Ugh.
Looks like it will be similar for me as well.
Longest wait EVER!
It will basically go from the dealer to the garage for the winter.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
People always used to tell me that dealerships hated selling cars this way. They would always say that the dealerships would purposely put them at the bottom of the the to-do list because the car was basically already sold. They don't like spending time on anything that they won't make any more money on. I've always kinda felt like what they were saying had some truth to it lol.

At the very least I ordered the car July 19th and Ford had it for the 20th in their system.
It kinda sucks both ways, I really didn't have any negotiating wiggle room on a 19.
Basically MSRP minus 5k employee discount and 1k Costco rebate along with a $500 manufacturer's rebate.
I guess it's the price you pay for a specific car with specific options.😭

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I ordered my 2018 GT on 1-22-18, the build date was 3-5-18 and I picked it up on 4-5-18.
Around 10 weeks, not too bad. I'm hoping for good news this Thursday from the dealer as promised, but I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Hope you get it really soon. You are probably getting winter like weather soon up there lol.
They are saying another 4 to 6 weeks lol. We usually get a dusting of snow mid November so yeah its cutting it close. It's like the LONGEST wait ever!
Almost wished I just picked up an 18 back in July but they couldn't find anything with the color and options I wanted.
I was willing to pass on the magnaride if they could find a car with everything else.
Guess it gets here when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
FastFord13, have you received your VIN yet? When I ordered my 14, it took around two months before I received the VIN, then once I got that no more changes could be made on the order form. Also, once I had the VIN, it took nearly another month before the dealer got word that the car was being shipped out from the factory. Then once the dealer received the car, the next day I drove it home.

All in, it took mine 13 - 14 weeks from order till delivery.

Also, whenever you hear that it's being shipped from the factory, it will take longer than you would think before the dealer will receive the car. Then the dealer will likely pull some shenanigans (like showing off your car in the showroom or something to that extent) with the car before you get the keys.

Also, if you have a good dealership and you have a flexible schedule, you can be there and watch them unload your car from the trailer and go with them when they do the initial drive in it. At least, that is one of the good things my dealer let me do.

Also hate to say it, but if I were you, I would be hoping for some global warming up there in Canada. Hopefully you can get some miles on it before the snow hits.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Still no vin yet.
11 weeks from what Ford of Canada has in their system. Ridiculously long. We also have a law that no car is allowed on the road without winter tires starting December 1st or it's a hefty fine. At this point I'd be happy just to get it by the end of November.

·
Super Moderator
17,856 Posts
Get it, garage it, stare at it all winter. Take it out in the spring.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I ordered my 17 on 4/11/17. I called on 4/13/18 to change my order (wanted to add the premier trim). Dealer told me, "I have good news and bad news". Good news was the order had already been scheduled with a 5/8 build date. Bad news was I couldn't revise the order without canelling and reordering. It wasn't a big deal and let the order sit as it was.

The car was built on 5/10 and took to 6/9 to reach the dealer, two days shy of 8 weeks.

In 11 I ordered my wife a 12 Focus from the same dealer. It arrived in 6 weeks.

Dave

·
Registered
322 Posts
Get it, garage it, stare at it all winter. Take it out in the spring.
Get a set of winter tires and enjoy the hell out of it all winter.

I drove my 15 through the worest winter in recorded history in Boston. The car did great with winter tires. Much better than the FWD cars on all seasons and even AWD with worn tires.

Dave

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Get a set of winter tires and enjoy the hell out of it all winter.

I drove my 15 through the worest winter in recorded history in Boston. The car did great with winter tires. Much better than the FWD cars on all seasons and even AWD with worn tires.

Dave
It's not the winter driving, but the salt that just eats everything over time.
Up here we use a **** ton of it!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I ordered my 17 on 4/11/17. I called on 4/13/18 to change my order (wanted to add the premier trim). Dealer told me, "I have good news and bad news". Good news was the order had already been scheduled with a 5/8 build date. Bad news was I couldn't revise the order without canelling and reordering. It wasn't a big deal and let the order sit as it was.

The car was built on 5/10 and took to 6/9 to reach the dealer, two days shy of 8 weeks.

In 11 I ordered my wife a 12 Focus from the same dealer. It arrived in 6 weeks.

Dave
I was originally told 8-10 weeks by the dealer, looks like it will be closer to 14-16 weeks.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I was originally told 8-10 weeks by the dealer, looks like it will be closer to 14-16 weeks.

So an update.
Okay I'm pissed at Ford!
Car ordered July 20th, Ford contacted my dealer today and said they were not working on the province of Quebec until later this year pushing delivery to January!!
So 6 ****ing months from order date to approximate delivery date!
The only thing I can chalk this up to is because everything has to be bilingual, which would be a crock of **** because my 2013 Mustang was in my driveway in June 2012!
So ****ing frustrated with this company at the moment!
Lots of **** and exclamation marks in this post, sorry.
Rant over.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts