Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just the "sticker" stuff. I can't see any other reason other than a "French" thing.
A supervisor is supposed to contact me within 48hrs as I've launched a complaint.
12-14 or even 16 weeks I can understand, but 26 weeks!? C'mon Ford.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S8+

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
so what's going to happen to you and the price with the new 25% tariff that is going into place on 1/1/19? I assume it'll affect Canadians as it is crossing the US/CDN border.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The price and paper work has been done in July, but honestly I wouldn't know if it would still affect me, or just anything bought/ordered after 1/1/19.
It would be devastating to the economy up here.
But if memory serves they all came to a tentative agreement?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
So there is an update.
After going back and fourth with Ford I FINALLY have a build date and Vin#.
Build date is December 31st and ETA is end of January, just over 6 months from order date.
Inatially it was an allocation problem that my dealer did not have and then it was a magnaride issue supply problem.
All in all it looks like I might actually get this car.......FINALLY, in another 2 1/2 months lol.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just got a call from my dealer, delivery date is Monday December 10th!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
With all the engine problems the 2018-2019 5.0's are having you'd be better off not taking delivery. The numbers are growing by the day.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I believe you ordered a Performance Pack 1. I have one and just installed a new set of tires for the winter as the car comes with summer tires and from what I have read about them they can be damaged if driven at 20 degrees Fahrenheit or below. If I were you I would have the dealer put on some different tires before I drove it off the lot, if what I read is correct the soft rubber the tires are made of can crack if they get too cold. Also, my car has not had any problems except for a clicking noise coming from the suspension. A couple of other 2018 owners have had this also and it is the strut tower bearing; just an FYI for anyone who has this problem. No engine or trans problem and I love the car, every day I look forward to driving it. I know you are not happy with the build delay but it will be worth it when you get the car.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
My only concern is the typewriter tick, I've heard quite a few horror storys, to the point where I've considered cancelling the order all together. Apparently this goes back to 2011 and has been with the Coyote ever since, its just been a lot more problematic in the gen 3.
I've heard it could be out of tolerance wrist pins, or something related to the spray in cylinder liner.
Ugh, nothing like worrying about your dream car that hasn't even been delivered yet.....
Almost feels like Russian roulette.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I believe you ordered a Performance Pack 1. I have one and just installed a new set of tires for the winter as the car comes with summer tires and from what I have read about them they can be damaged if driven at 20 degrees Fahrenheit or below. If I were you I would have the dealer put on some different tires before I drove it off the lot, if what I read is correct the soft rubber the tires are made of can crack if they get too cold. Also, my car has not had any problems except for a clicking noise coming from the suspension. A couple of other 2018 owners have had this also and it is the strut tower bearing; just an FYI for anyone who has this problem. No engine or trans problem and I love the car, every day I look forward to driving it. I know you are not happy with the build delay but it will be worth it when you get the car.
Thanks for the heads up about the tires! If there is snow on the ground when its delivered they said they have no problem towing it on a flat bed to my garage.

Have you done your first oil change yet? That's usually when the typewriter tick shows its ugly head. Also do you have an 18 or 19? Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a 2018 and have had the oil changed twice. One by the dealer and did it the second time myself. Over 8K miles and no engine noise whatsoever. I'm sure some people got engines with parts that were out of speck which caused piston slap, AKA the tick. Perhaps some people think the direct injector making their normal noise is the tick. I'm sure Ford will have it figured out by the time you get yours. All I can say is that I'm extremely happy with the car.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have a 2018 and have had the oil changed twice. One by the dealer and did it the second time myself. Over 8K miles and no engine noise whatsoever. I'm sure some people got engines with parts that were out of speck which caused piston slap, AKA the tick. Perhaps some people think the direct injector making their normal noise is the tick. I'm sure Ford will have it figured out by the time you get yours. All I can say is that I'm extremely happy with the car.
Great that your powertrain seems to be running good!
Are you a 10r80 car as well?
I was even debating adding ceritec but decided I'm just going to leave everything the way Ford intended.
Fingers crossed and thanks for your input!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
With all the engine problems the 2018-2019 5.0's are having you'd be better off not taking delivery. The numbers are growing by the day.
Tbth the thought did cross my mind more than once. The shift forks have already been revised in the Mt-82 and my build date is somewhere late November so I'm "hoping" Ford has also corrected this by now.
I just hope in a few months from now I'm not saying "**** I should have kept my 13 3.7"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes I have a 10r80, my two prior Mustangs, 2011 5.0, and 2012 3.7, were both standards. I am not a fan of the MT82 transmission and chose to go with the automatic rather than another MT82. Now if Ford would put in a Tremec, as I believe they use in the GT350s, I would have bought a 6-speed manual. Even though Ford re-engineered the MT82 for the 2018 I still believe it is a weak link in the powertrain. I agonized over getting the auto but I'm glad I did.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts