Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys;

This is my first post, I've been a member for a couple months and finally ready to buy my first mustang after years of dreaming. Technically it'll be my 2nd stang' as my first car was a 1974 v6 Mustang II, but that was 16 long years ago. I'm planning on ordering a 2014 GT premium and just wanted some input on price. MSRP is $35,545, I've been quoted $33,878 out the door (including all fees, taxes and rebates). Seems to be a fair price, but I wanted feedback from other mustang owners before I pull the trigger or hold out for a better price.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think that is a hell of a deal! I ordered mine 2 weeks ago (2014 GT) on the 15th of March. My OTD price will be about $36,200. Mine is a not a Premium. $3000 of that will be tax/title/license. I did opt for the Track Package, Recaro's, and Security System.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Or you could wait a year and pick one up barely used for $25k. heh

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
If brand new is what you want, I think that's a good price for a premium. After the mustang ll, I'm surprised your back. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Lol, yeah the Mustang II was a hand me down and i only had it for about a week before I got rid of it. The new one will be a sterling grey GT premium with no other options.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I would wait for the 2015 and see if you like it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to see the 2015 before I take the plunge on the '14, but I'm currently Mustang-less and really like the current retro style. Plus the incentives on the 14's are quite enticing...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would love to see the 2015 before I take the plunge on the '14, but I'm currently Mustang-less and really like the current retro style. Plus the incentives on the 14's are quite enticing...
What kind of incentives are you seeing out there?

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got 1750 in rebates for my '14
Wow! I had to put $500 down to lock in the $1000 rebate. I will definitely be asking for more if its available. The $500 down goes towards the purchase.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out the deals on new 13's haha around 7K off MSRP
I would have taken a 2013 back in December if they had my options in the color I wanted. They searched all the dealers in a 500 mile radius in CA….nothing.

When I ordered this one, Ford had not built a 2014 with my color and options and did not even have one scheduled to be built. I had to go with the factory order. At least I'm getting exactly what I want. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can get an extra $500 off by being a farm bureau member, but you have to be a member for 60 days...and I just signed up. So I figure by the time it comes in, It'll be past the 60 days. I'm also hoping to get a $750 private cash coupon before it comes in as well. I don't think they will combine them, but one or the other will be good. In addition to the $1500 cash back through Ford.

I'm sure I could swing a pretty good deal on a 2013 but I'm willing to pay a lil more for a model year newer and to stay local. I'd hate to buy one off the lot 2 hours away and it turn out to be a lemon. Plus it'll be exactly what I want with zero test drive miles and very minimal time spent exposed to the weather.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would have taken a 2013 back in December if they had my options in the color I wanted. They searched all the dealers in a 500 mile radius in CA….nothing.

When I ordered this one, Ford had not built a 2014 with my color and options and did not even have one scheduled to be built. I had to go with the factory order. At least I'm getting exactly what I want. :)
Yeah the 13 I ordered had the must haves but not all the wants but I got a great price on it! I was a little worried about the red candy metallic because o haven't seen it in person but everyone who has commented on here about it says its beautiful so I can't wait for it to arrive :-( shipping to here is a nightmare! Hopefully I will see it in a month 6 weeks is how long it could take though :-(

·
Registered
18 Posts
New 2014 GT Track Pack ordered

I just ordered my 2014 GT (Base) yesterday...very excited! Got the car at invoice, and there is a $1500 cash back incentive on top of that. Also got 20% off a bunch of Ford Racing "packs" (Power and Handling, along with brake duct and tranny scoop). It's Christmas in May for me! At least that's when I hope it comes in. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just ordered my 2014 GT (Base) yesterday...very excited! Got the car at invoice, and there is a $1500 cash back incentive on top of that. Also got 20% off a bunch of Ford Racing "packs" (Power and Handling, along with brake duct and tranny scoop). It's Christmas in May for me! At least that's when I hope it comes in. :D
Congrats and nice score on your order. What color did you order? It may be a exciting long wait….lol. I ordered my base GT on March 14th. I opted for the Track Pack, Recaros, and Security in Deep Impact Blue. I just go word from the dealership that the car is scheduled to be built in the 29th week of this month. I don't know the day yet. Dealer says they may have a VIN and sticker by next week. They tell me it takes one day to actually build the car but 3-4 weeks to get it to the dealership. I'm in CA so I expect the 4 week timeframe. Good luck, I hope it comes soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine will be Deep Impact Blue also...love that color. Check out my Garage. I don't know when mine will come, but I'm in no big rush. Good luck to you too, keep me posted, pix and all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine will be Deep Impact Blue also...love that color. Check out my Garage. I don't know when mine will come, but I'm in no big rush. Good luck to you too, keep me posted, pix and all.
Thats sweet!!. We may have sister cars. Maybe they will be built next to each other on the assembly line. DIB is a color you can't miss. I like that you named your car. I have not thought of doing that….hmmm….may have to think up something. Looks like you are getting the Trackpad and Recaro's too…NICE! I'm "really" in a rush but the wait is killing me. I'm going put some Cortex suspension on it. I have had enough time to plan and save for good suspension. I will probably drive it for about a week before I upgrade.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts