Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It all depends on where you live? I was quoted $275 for me in Las Vegas, NV.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have the gears install kit and bearing kit from American muscle. I'm just looking for a labor quote. I just talked to the services at local ford dealership and they quoted me 700$ these guy must hang out alot. Smoking the same bad sh**

·
Registered
798 Posts
Join a mustang club like me man, my club wicked stangs, we have an older fella that installs gears for 100 flat. He has done about 20 sets and only one had any whine to it and thats cuz they were 4.30. On the box it warned you that they were prone to whining. My club has the hook up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've tried finding clubs around but the closest one is about 45 minutes away from me. I know there is a mustang shop down in concord nc that quoted my buddy at 280 but my big issue is finding time. I travel for a living and am normally only home on weekends and most places I've found are only open Monday to Friday

·
Registered
299 Posts
I already have the gears install kit and bearing kit from American muscle. I'm just looking for a labor quote. I just talked to the services at local ford dealership and they quoted me 700$ these guy must hang out alot. Smoking the same bad sh**
yea then that's way to much, I just paid $953.58 to have a differential, install kit, 3.73 gears, outer axle bearings, an oil. That's parts an labor.

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
I've tried finding clubs around but the closest one is about 45 minutes away from me. I know there is a mustang shop down in concord nc that quoted my buddy at 280 but my big issue is finding time. I travel for a living and am normally only home on weekends and most places I've found are only open Monday to Friday
See if you could possibly drop it off on a Sunday? and pick it up Friday? Or get a friend to do it.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I just got quoted 510$ to have my 4:10 gears installed in my 2004 gt. whatever this dude is smoking I don't want none!
I got charged 200

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

All you really need is gears and diff fluid , people think you need to buy the rebuild kit.. It's just a rip off when the sites say you need them

A shop charged me 350 for parts and labor
And I had 0 problems
Just make sure to get ford racing gears

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
I got charged 200

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

All you really need is gears and diff fluid , people think you need to buy the rebuild kit.. It's just a rip off when the sites say you need them

A shop charged me 350 for parts and labor
And I had 0 problems
Just make sure to get ford racing gears
Most bearings that have gone 80K+ miles usually end up needing replaced... that's why websites push the rebuild kit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts